TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Aug 23, 2023
Can you apply to Hogan Lovells TC if you already applied to the vac scheme within the same cycle?
“If your vacation scheme application is unsuccessful, you will need to wait until the following year (from September 2024) to complete a training contract or another vacation scheme application.”

For anyone wondering, saw this on their website

Pennine Valley

Esteemed Member
Nov 18, 2023
Does anyone know what K&L Gates is expecting in the cover letter? Everything has pretty much been covered by the questions and I am struggling to figure out what to include.
@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker
The cover letter is optional. I’m not sure you’re supposed to actually do it. I wasn’t going to it personally.

VMS

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
Has anyone been able to find a list for Baker McKenzie's clients? One of their application questions involves knowing who their clients are but I can't find a list on their website, Chambers, Legal500 or Legal Cheek so I'm struggling rip!

Erspencer

Aug 4, 2023
Has anyone been able to find a list for Baker McKenzie's clients? One of their application questions involves knowing who their clients are but I can't find a list on their website, Chambers, Legal500 or Legal Cheek so I'm struggling rip!
For questions like this they are normally trying to get you to think about the types of clients at a firm. As for many firms they won’t be able to disclose their client list due to confidentiality.
I would suggest checking LinkedIn, twitter the firms insight pages and seeing what deals they have published. They will either refer directly to the client or the type of client so a major bank or maybe a big retailer.
From there you can then discuss the firms clients so for example Bakers represents bank so you can talk about what might effect banks and the type of work you could be expected to do etc (obviously this depends on the specific wording on the Q)

Reactions: dms21 and Zi48

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
I just looked through their news page about recent deals/work, as those are their clients, I picked from there, looked up the client and found out more using things like LinkedIn

Reactions: B.B.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.