Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi All,

Just a heads up, the Spring & Summer vacation scheme deadline for Shearman & Sterling is the 19th January 2020.

From the firm's recruitment page:

Our vacation schemes are the perfect way to gain an insight into life at Shearman & Sterling. The scheme will see you experience two diverse practice groups (one each week), with your personal preferences catered to. The scheme aims to mirror the Training Contract in that everyone will experience at least one of our core transactional groups (M&A, Finance and Project Development & Finance) as well as being allocated a mentor and supervisor to provide advice and support, answer any questions and most importantly – provide you with some work!

You can apply now over here: https://ukgraduates.shearman.com/opportunities/vacation-schemes/.

Kindly note, this is a sponsored post.

Paul - Shearman & Sterling

Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Nov 5, 2019
    Thanks @Jaysen

That's right, our Spring & Summer vacation scheme deadline is approaching - midnight on Sunday 19th January 2020.

This year we are recruiting all our training contract places via our vacation schemes. This will be the final chance to apply in this academic year.

If you have any questions regarding this application deadline, please let me know.

Thanks all.

Paul

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    Thanks @Jaysen

That's right, our Spring & Summer vacation scheme deadline is approaching - midnight on Sunday 19th January 2020.

This year we are recruiting all our training contract places via our vacation schemes. This will be the final chance to apply in this academic year.

If you have any questions regarding this application deadline, please let me know.

Thanks all.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Just to clarify, is the applications non-rolling? Sorry, if this has been asked before.

Thanks,

Aaron

JimTC

Standard Member
    Jan 2, 2020
    Hi Paul,

I noticed Shearman & Sterling has offices in other countries such as Canada, Hong Kong, USA. Is the application also for Vacation Schemes in these offices too? Should I apply on the same apply4law page?

Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Nov 5, 2019
    Hi Paul,

I noticed Shearman & Sterling has offices in other countries such as Canada, Hong Kong, USA. Is the application also for Vacation Schemes in these offices too? Should I apply on the same apply4law page?

Hi Jim,

Good question. A vacation scheme application is to join the UK training contract programme in London. You can do secondments during your training contact (New York, Brussels, Abu Dhabi etc) but essentially you are training and qualifying in the London office.

Thanks,

Paul

Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Nov 5, 2019
    Do you know if you are eligible to apply for a vacation scheme with Shearman & Sterling this year?

If you want to check, we've set-up this automated guide here:

https://m.me/ShearmanandSterlingUKGraduates?ref=w1081182

This will open in Facebook Messenger and you can then choose the options that match your situation and get the answer.

Thanks,

Paul

Reactions: blessingtaiwo95

Legendary Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Nov 5, 2019
    Only 5 days left to apply for our Spring and Summer Vacation Schemes.

If you need some help with applications or interviews, you can find lots of information here:
    If you have any questions over the next few days, I'll be online to answer them.

Good luck!

Paul

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.