TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

legal1803

Feb 17, 2024
Just finished the SH assessment. The interview questions were fine and I had answers but I sounded so nervous and stumbled on my words a few times. How important do you guys think this will be? So disappointed in myself :(

km_bntn

Oct 31, 2023
How would you answer the question of where a law firm should open a new office? :)

Consider what makes sense for the firm’s business model. For example, if the firm has particular strengths in shipping, consider bigger picture aspects like the geography of the location (land-locked or easily accessible due to many ports) or the overall client demand in the area and considerations its clients will have in the new location I.e the new location’s tonnage and import tax regulations, geopolitical instability which will affect supply chains etc. Try to break answer down in component so the person reading your answer can make sense of your thought process.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

cet1997

Standard Member
Apr 5, 2024
The SH assessment says it includes numerical & verbal as well as scenario based reasoning questions. I checked the practice test but wasn't sure what the best way is to prepare for it. Any advice?

Also anyone who's already done it can you confirm its untimed?

Thank you!

Solking456

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 14, 2022
The SH assessment says it includes numerical & verbal as well as scenario based reasoning questions. I checked the practice test but wasn't sure what the best way is to prepare for it. Any advice?

Also anyone who's already done it can you confirm its untimed?

Thank you!
It is untimed for both VI and SJT- advice would be to look up firm values when answering :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.