Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Just received an invite to Watson Farley & Williams video interview. Finally a step in the right direction, very excited!

Has anyone completed a VI with them and know what kind of questions they ask/the format? Would really appreciate any advice - will be my first ever VI!
Yay!! This makes me so so happy well done to you!!

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
Do you mind sharing the paragraph?

Sure:

As a minimum, successful applicants must have an excellent academic record, a demonstrated commercial and legal interest and awareness, a good eye for detail and accuracy, and an ability to write clearly and succinctly. We are also looking for people who are self-motivated, successful team members with leadership qualities. On top of this, some applicants are able to offer other skills, knowledge or experience over and above that offered by other candidates, which are particularly relevant to our business e.g. previous relevant work experience or language skills. The above criteria is by no means exhaustive but we hope this offers some useful guidance on our selection criteria.

As if anyone applying wouldn't either have those skills or have thought about them :rolleyes:

NadineBusty

Valued Member
Aug 21, 2019
Just received an invite to Watson Farley & Williams video interview. Finally a step in the right direction, very excited!

Has anyone completed a VI with them and know what kind of questions they ask/the format? Would really appreciate any advice - will be my first ever VI!

Same here. Has anyone any advice!!

Happy to help with Baker, W&C, DWF, SS and AG VI

• 🏆
Reactions: Bugsy Malone

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Sure:

As a minimum, successful applicants must have an excellent academic record, a demonstrated commercial and legal interest and awareness, a good eye for detail and accuracy, and an ability to write clearly and succinctly. We are also looking for people who are self-motivated, successful team members with leadership qualities. On top of this, some applicants are able to offer other skills, knowledge or experience over and above that offered by other candidates, which are particularly relevant to our business e.g. previous relevant work experience or language skills. The above criteria is by no means exhaustive but we hope this offers some useful guidance on our selection criteria.

As if anyone applying wouldn't either have those skills or have thought about them :rolleyes:
My sentiments precisely! This is what I would expect to see in the Graduate brochure on tips for applicants.

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
My sentiments precisely! This is what I would expect to see in the Graduate brochure on tips for applicants.

I'm not trying to say Im gods gift- but I find it so stupid because read what they were looking for and made damn sure to highlight them in my application- as I'm sure most would do when applying. I found it quite irritating that they put that useless paragraph in there, a plain PFO would have been fine lol

DavidJC

Distinguished Member
Dec 29, 2019
Guys - for anyone who applied to FF for direct TCs last year, did they send their WGs out in batches?
A friend of mine who applied last year and got the TC said to expect to wait until February cos they genuinely read through every application before sending WG test invites. I would guess that it's sent out in batches relative to how many they've gone through

• 🤝
Reactions: Daniel Boden

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
A friend of mine who applied last year and got the TC said to expect to wait until February cos they genuinely read through every application before sending WG test invites. I would guess that it's sent out in batches relative to how many they've gone through
Thank you and I agree with you, I just wanted to check just in case :) thanks for sharing this! :)

Reactions: Daniel Boden
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.