Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethbristol

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Oct 30, 2019
I just had my Mishcon de Reya VI and it was an absolute trainwreck. I was so nervous that I let my nerves get the better of me.

video interviews are always tricky because they feel so unnatural and it can be easy to let your nerves get the better of you because of this. Honestly, with these things you never know whether it went well or not, but i think you need to be proud of yourself that you have got through a video interview because they are not easy. take stock and learn from this so you can be better at your next one :)

h2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 26, 2019
video interviews are always tricky because they feel so unnatural and it can be easy to let your nerves get the better of you because of this. Honestly, with these things you never know whether it went well or not, but i think you need to be proud of yourself that you have got through a video interview because they are not easy. take stock and learn from this so you can be better at your next one :)

Thank you so much Beth. I really needed to hear this. I hope all your applications are going well.

• 🤝
Reactions: Choobz A. and bethbristol

T1

Standard Member
Jan 13, 2020
Have not been able to sleep for the past week due to an upcoming AC, got a email notification, opened it straight away and it was a rejection. To make light of the situation, two other firms rejected me within minutes of each other and there I was thinking my phone notifications were glitching. Now my TC chances are riding on one AC - talk about pressure :D

To those who are experiencing rejection for the first time, I know it sucks but after a few you really do look at them differently. Its always worth remembering that the rejection need not be taken to heart (easier said than done, I know) but try and learn and not look into them too much. I find its easier to manage them this way. :)

h2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 26, 2019
Have not been able to sleep for the past week due to an upcoming AC, got a email notification, opened it straight away and it was a rejection. To make light of the situation, two other firms rejected me within minutes of each other and there I was thinking my phone notifications were glitching. Now my TC chances are riding on one AC - talk about pressure :D

To those who are experiencing rejection for the first time, I know it sucks but after a few you really do look at them differently. Its always worth remembering that the rejection need not be taken to heart (easier said than done, I know) but try and learn and not look into them too much. I find its easier to manage them this way. :)

I hope this AC is the one for you. Good luck! Try not to let your nerves get the better of you. If this firm is the right one for you, you will get it.

T1

Standard Member
Jan 13, 2020
I hope this AC is the one for you. Good luck! Try not to let your nerves get the better of you. If this firm is the right one for you, you will get it.

Ahh thank you for your kind words, Hana. I am usually not at all nervous about ACs but this one is constantly on my mind.

My AC also is for a firm where I really messed up the VI and wrote it off, so dont worry about your VI. I always find that the worse I think I have done on VI the better the outcome. Goodluck with the VI outcome, I am sure it is not as bad as you think. :)

Reactions: h2020

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
I would purchase one of Jaysen's app reviews if you can? It has really helped me in knowing which direction to go in regarding content, style etc. And also helped with future apps as I feel like I can better replicate the style of ones he has had a look through.
Wow thank you so much! Really wish I had found out this earlier but will get right to it for the final apps :) thanks again!

• 🤝
Reactions: Samar

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
I just had my Mishcon de Reya VI and it was an absolute trainwreck. I was so nervous that I let my nerves get the better of me.
Really sorry to hear! Honestly, my worst VI was the one that got through so keep your fingers crossed. I'm waiting to see if I get through my Mishcon application, though I only applied this week - really nervous! How long did you wait to get the VI?

• 🤝
Reactions: Bugsy Malone and h2020

h2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 26, 2019
Really sorry to hear! Honestly, my worst VI was the one that got through so keep your fingers crossed. I'm waiting to see if I get through my Mishcon application, though I only applied this week - really nervous! How long did you wait to get the VI?

Thank you. I applied on Dec 31st and I was invited for a VI on the 14th Jan. Since the deadline has passed I think it might be a bit longer but hope you receive good news soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.