Looking for advice! SQE2 exemption

Hi everyone!

I’m a Brazilian-qualified lawyer exploring the possibility of qualifying as a solicitor in England & Wales, and I’d love to connect with anyone who has followed or is currently following a similar route.

In my case, Brazilian-qualified lawyers may be eligible for an exemption from the SQE2, which means that I would potentially only need to pass the SQE1 in order to qualify.

Realistically, self-funding the SQE1 and a preparation course would be difficult for me, so my most viable route would be to secure a training contract first and complete the SQE1 with sponsorship from the firm.

I’d therefore love to hear from anyone who has been through a similar journey, particularly foreign-qualified lawyers who secured a training contract before taking the SQE.

I’m still at the very beginning of this journey, so any advice, experiences, or tips on securing a TC in this situation would be greatly appreciated. My DMs are also open if anyone would prefer to chat privately.

Thank you!

(Not really a question haha, but I would like answers 🥸)
 

Find member