PRE-WEEK 1 Thoughts / Experiences
So I've finally finished my first week of inductions at BPP, and I wanted to touch on my experience so far. I feel like this is the type of information that I never saw online when I was applying so I'm hoping this can help someone out there.
WORK
One thing that you might end up getting told a little prematurely is you actually do have pre-work to do before every workshop that you have in the first week of teaching. The pre-work is expected to take around 2-4 hours per subject, which includes reading, some MCQ practice and also a task where you apply your learning. This is something you should factor into your study plan from early. My approach is trying to stay a week ahead on this so I can focus more on my own revision through flashcards and MCQs, and I'm always prepared in case there is a situation where I'm unable to complete the work in a given week.
FRIENDS
It's been really easy to make friends at BPP so far. It's sort of like freshers week all over again. Everyone seems pretty nice, and you can pretty much talk to anyone whether that's within the CCP cohort or just the wider university and all the other firms that are present at BPP too. Your classes will also be split between different firms as part of the CCP, which I've found to be a much better approach as you can easily build your professional network and you're also just surrounded by a diverse range of personality types.
REVISION
One thing i'm currently doing is getting a clear revision timetable from the outset. The general consensus around most people I've spoken to is they haven't started any form of underlying law or revision and aren't really putting together a concrete plan from Day 1. I'm taking the opposite approach and pairing up my taught subject revision (which consists of both workshop prep + flashcards and MCQ practice) alongside the underlying law. My current plan is to pair up the subects that make the most sense together eg Contract + Business law / property + land law etc. I'm also going to be using Claude to give me recall MCQs on the wrong answers from my BPP SQE MCQs from the day before and making a mixed MCQ test across all topics that week that I will be doing each sunday. This will also be a paper that I can eventually re-do when it gets closer to exam season and it will give me familiarity working across multiple topics at once.
If anyone's got any recommendations or questions, I'd love to hear them!