Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello,

I was just wondering if law firms can reject someone based on writing “160%” as opposed to “one-hundred and sixty percent”

that would make no sense at all. If anything writing one-hundred and sixty percent would be the worst way of writing it (although perfectly acceptable still for an application).

People need to stop fixating on thinking these non-existent things like this are issues. They aren’t.

Al1793

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Has anyone heard back from Freshfields WG? I took the test a week ago for a direct TC
I'm not sure but emailed grad recruitment and they said the following and I did mention that my portal was updated:

We are still in the process of interviewing for the vacation scheme and we will shortly start reviewing training contract applications. As soon as we have an update for you, we will be in touch. This is likely to be over the next few weeks.

This was Freshfields btw :)

@ZhangW
@Helena
Thank you, this is so helpful! Got through to their AC last year but heard back ~4 weeks after submitting my application and have been bugging out that it's been so much longer this round. Fingers crossed and good luck!

Al1793

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Does anyone have any advice for the White & Case AC! I'd greatly appreciate any advice/experiences, especially for the written task!

I did it last summer, and although I didn't get through (based on the written exam), surprisingly found it one of the nicest assessment centres I had done.

It won't necessarily be the same, but the written exam I did was on the topic of the dying British high street. We were initially instructed to summarise three newspaper articles on it, and then to make notes to brief an associate before their meeting with a fictitious landlord client. I (quite stupidly) spent time summarising each article in turn rather than providing a general summary of all as there was a fair amount of overlap. I also wrote a lot of information very fast as wanted to get as much down as possible but was penalised for typos and they fed back that they expected a more polished document. Based on this, would strongly advise you don't compromise quality for quantity.

They also said you could bring your general knowledge into your answer so general commercial awareness should help.

• ℹ️
  • 🤝
Reactions: EvaK, Jen E C, Serah O and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.