Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Jenna

Distinguished Member
Dec 18, 2019
They just reiterated that my application is still in the candidate review stage and they would get back to me soon. They completely ignored my question regarding when we could expect to hear back LOL

Me too. I asked the same question and they apologised for not being able to give a specific date. Not too hopeful but at least if we hear one way or another soon!

Eamon

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
My application is still on hold for the summer vac scheme, I assume that it's just a rejection at this stage or do people know if they are still giving out AC invites ?

It's hard to tell from this thread, but it seems like the people hearing back are those who applied for the spring scheme or direct (which would make sense tbf)

AH9891

Valued Member
Jan 11, 2020
The response I just got

I'm still on hold for direct too

They predominantly seem to be recruiting via their vac scheme now and they do highlight that there is the possibility of getting a TC for everyone on their VS, so based on that I’d assume that everyone who applied for the direct TC, might be slightly dependent on people’s success on the VS. There are max 100 TCs and 90 places on the VS (but they obviously may not fill all the places on their VSs or even all their TCs), so there’s a good chance that people won’t hear until after the VS depending on how many of those 10 places they have already filled. Hope that makes sense

EJ

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
They predominantly seem to be recruiting via their vac scheme now and they do highlight that there is the possibility of getting a TC for everyone on their VS, so based on that I’d assume that everyone who applied for the direct TC, might be slightly dependent on people’s success on the VS. There are max 100 TCs and 90 places on the VS (but they obviously may not fill all the places on their VSs or even all their TCs), so there’s a good chance that people won’t hear until after the VS depending on how many of those 10 places they have already filled. Hope that makes sense
Yeah I was thinking this actually. Does that mean that they will hold off on rejecting anyone who have applied for Direct to TC until after all the VSs?

MVE49

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
I don’t think that would mean that they’d necessarily have 90 TC places for vac schemers though... they realistically know that not everyone who does a vac scheme will get a TC. Also people will have to hear back about TCs before the vac scheme because there’s another TC recruitment before the summer vac scheme. Also the vac scheme is made up of different potential intakes with people in penultimate and final year and people doing law and non-law so it’s not as straightforward as the individual numbers suggest.

Reactions: W and Lawyerwithadream

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.