Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yes and I need to mute a certain Reddit forum because it’s not helping with this feeling!!Does anybody get a bad feeling with the vast majority of firms changing their application processes?
Something makes me feel insanely anxious this cycle
A few firms have cut down the number of VS they are running too e.g I think Milbank are only doing a spring scheme nowYes and I need to mute a certain Reddit forum because it’s not helping with this feeling!!
Some of the theories I’ve seen on there are awful, feels like the industry has taken a step back after making so much progress![]()
What theories?Yes and I need to mute a certain Reddit forum because it’s not helping with this feeling!!
Some of the theories I’ve seen on there are awful, feels like the industry has taken a step back after making so much progress![]()
Aside from solicitor apprenticeships and the usual AI talk, I've seen "pandemic hiring" floating around, which is basically the idea that firms relaxed during the pandemic, over-hired, and are now tightening up. I really dislike this because it implies the people hired then were less deserving, when they still had to get through the same tough processes, often while their studies were disrupted.What theories?
I think it means you can just go straight into writing, no need for addressing anyone at all.hello! for gibson dunn’s cover letter, the instructions say: ‘Please note that the letter does not need to be addressed to any individual. (max 650 words)’. Does this mean it should be addressed generally (ie ‘Dear Graduate Recruitment Team’) or no ‘Dear [X]’ at all?
Hi, I would potentially get a second opinion on this, would likely be best if you emailed a Graduate Recruitment.Hello, is anyone aware whether on an application form when a firm asks if you have any internal contacts, you need to list people who you have worked on a matter with? I am an in-house Paralegal and have worked on a litigation matter (where we are joint parties) with a couple of people from said firm. I am unsure whether to list this?
I low key wish they would outright tell you if your academics are a blocker so you can avoid reapplying in the future. Would also be great if they just published their benchmark for these tests, say Amberjack. I would love it if they outright said our benchmark is a minimum of 25 for Amberjack, that way I can manage my expectations once I get the automated result.The most tiring thing are constant tests, it is such a drag especially tests before they even review. Like I’m investing an hour or 90 mins in something that won’t be seen if they don’t like my application or grades
Hi!hey @Antoni Trochimowicz how would you structure this
q:Aside from your work experience and academic studies, which other experiences have helped you develop skills relevant to a career as a commercial lawyer?
do you think after each exp i should have a sentence highlighted the skills and how this can be applied as a lawyer and then should i be linking it to the firm too?
Hi! I think the work experience section is definitely overlooked by many candidates.Hi @Antoni Trochimowicz , how would you recommend we structure this section? How many words etc.? I usually use the same paragraphs but having had lots of unsuccessful applications it might need a revamp.