TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

Mishcon de Reya VS opens today. Good luck if the firm is on your list, too!

I'm lucky to have a mentor who works at Mishcon (check out growmentoring.org if you're interested in finding out more), and I will be polishing the application as much as I can.

Although, the AI chatbot may end up being be the stumbling block. Not quite sure how it will go this year, but we'll see...
You got this!!
 
@Antoni Trochimowicz Good morning! Do you think I should email HLC grad rec if I applied two weeks ago and still haven’t got the first stage test, or should I wait out?

Apparently most people have got it quite fast post application.
Update: I emailed HLC grad rec and they said they’re sending the online test in batches and I’ll hear soon. It’s not automated in the sense that once you press submit, they start sending it, but if you meet eligibility you’ll get the test.

For anyone who still haven’t got stage 1:)
 
  • 🤝
Reactions: tldrba
I know it sounds stupid but must we just wait until after open days to apply even if VS/TC apps are already open?

I've seen like 3/4 firms now where they say they're non-rolling but explicitly encourage early applications, but also only have open days in a month's time.
 
Mishcon de Reya VS opens today. Good luck if the firm is on your list, too!

I'm lucky to have a mentor who works at Mishcon (check out growmentoring.org if you're interested in finding out more), and I will be polishing the application as much as I can.

Although, the AI chatbot may end up being be the stumbling block. Not quite sure how it will go this year, but we'll see...
Ooh I’ve just had a look and I can see their applications for Mentees closed recently. Do you know if they open again in January or will it be for the next application cycle?
 
Tell us about any open days and events that you have attended in the legal sector?

I should answer this question with bullet points, right?
I answer these in paragraphs. Essentially what they are looking for is a narrative of how you have explored the legal sector through these events; e.g. you joined a webinar, built on this knowledge at a law firm open day, then took a highlight from that and used it a workshop at another law firm event, etc…
 
  • Like
Reactions: TheHamlet4
Tell us about any open days and events that you have attended in the legal sector?

I should answer this question with bullet points, right?
If there are lots of them, then yes.

But I've heard that if you went to an open day at the particular firm you are applying to, then give that one a separate work experience box with additional details. It was either Cooley or CRS that recommended that.
 

Find member