Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I think I did mention it in my work experience section as I had like 250 words to use for that if I remember correctly. But I only briefly mentioned it so I could expand on it? I don’t want it to seem quite repetitive.

No you don’t want to repeat detail. What I mean is that you need to explain your ability to take on ECs was limited as you were working part time.

Literally something as short as “During university, my capacity to commit to extra curriculars was limited as I was working 20 hours a week. However, my activities included....”

Reg

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
No you don’t want to repeat detail. What I mean is that you need to explain your ability to take on ECs was limited as you were working part time.

Literally something as short as “During university, my capacity to commit to extra curriculars was limited as I was working 20 hours a week. However, my activities included....”

ohh sorry, I see what you mean now, that’s very helpful! Thank you :)

Castelli99

Esteemed Member
May 12, 2019
I have some incoming VSs, but was wondering if it is still worth applying for TCs - does anyone have to hand not just the firms that are still open for TC applications, but the ones that actually take a 'reasonable' amount of people from TCs compared to VSs? Thanks!

AlRJ

Esteemed Member
Jun 23, 2019
hey , I haven’t heard back from those two either. Am I correct in thinking those two take applications on a rolling basis?

Hi there

I don't know if they have changed their recruitment strategy for this year, but when I applied last year for a direct TC ( end of March) I didn't hear back until mid July.

Reg

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Final year law and non law students and graduates are eligible to apply for this vacancy.

The Training Contract is open to penultimate year students. Please confirm that you are a penultimate year student.*
No
Yes

Copied and pasted from website, hope this helps :)

Dannys

Aug 14, 2019
3260B8D0-C13C-4006-94ED-6C48C2FEF4B0.png
Final year law and non law students and graduates are eligible to apply for this vacancy.

The Training Contract is open to penultimate year students. Please confirm that you are a penultimate year student.*
No
Yes

Copied and pasted from website, hope this helps :)

Really confusing. If you take a look at the attached pic, it seems to only be open to penultimate and not graduates/final year law.

Also, why would they ask you to confirm that you’re a penultimate student if it’s open for graduates as well?

Very confusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.