Reapplying to a firm

v123

Valued Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I applied to a firm last year and was successful with my VS application. Due to Covid, the VS was cancelled and I did not pass the final interview.

I'll discuss how I've improved since my previous application in response to the first application question, but the second question is more general- if I'm asked to discuss a topic that interests me, can I use the same response I gave previously (it is still relevant as it relates to a personal interest)?

Thanks in advance :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I applied to a firm last year and was successful with my VS application. Due to Covid, the VS was cancelled and I did not pass the final interview.

I'll discuss how I've improved since my previous application in response to the first application question, but the second question is more general- if I'm asked to discuss a topic that interests me, can I use the same response I gave previously (it is still relevant as it relates to a personal interest)?

Thanks in advance :)

yes - ok to use the same subject but still review the answer and think about whether it can be updated or whether the way it is written can be improved

Reactions: Victoria Muntean

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi @vicky 1,

Just something I feel I ought to flag before you spend time on this app, if this is for HSF (you don't need to confirm - this is just for your benefit) then I would advise you to check their reapplication rules. I think it was the last cycle they updated it so I believe if you got to an AC and didn't make it through at that stage you cannot reapply either within 24 months or you need to wait for another app cycle to lapse. I really am not 100% sure of this as I have gotten this info mainly by word of mouth, albeit I have heard this from multiple different people.

I just wanted to flag this as I know they have a topic question and would feel awful for not mentioning this if it is indeed true and you spend a considerable amount of time on this application.

If my understanding turns out to be wrong I really do apologise but i do feel it would be worth ascertaining this before spending the time :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.