Simmons & Simmons Application Thread

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
May 5, 2020
Hi all!

Thought I would create an S&S thread.

Just a quick one on this - as I'm sure people know, S&S are fairly light on application questions, instead (presumably) focusing on how well you do on the SJT, Video interview etc.

Their only question is the classic:
Please give details of your interests and activities, positions of responsibility, skills and achievements. Please also include any other information relevant to your application. (250 words max)*

My question would be is that given this is the sole question, should you try and link this back to why Simmons & Simmons? Or is that a waste of time? Should you try and link your work experience briefly to the firm as well?

It feels odd copying and pasting an answer to a question that is asked so often on other forms, when there are no other questions to convey your interest in the firm.

Interested to see what peoples' take on this is!

Adrian_Healey

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer 14
  • Oct 18, 2020
    Got an email last week saying they will be sending further details about the video interview, and haven't heard anything since.
    Anyone in the same boat, or have any ideas about when the video interviews will be?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.