2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I reached final interview stage last year for the vac scheme and mine was 1242 words - in hindsight very long - but I think it depends on the quality of what you're writing so don't worry if you think it's too long if what you write is strong and tailored
    Cheers, hearing this I added a couple things I originally wanted to and popped it off.

Reactions: bzheng

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    That's great, well done! Do you know what you scored on the WG to pass to next stage?

No sadly, the firm said as a rule they don't disclose WG pass marks or anything because the benchmark is specific to Dentons :) I know that they do take the result into consideration with the rest of the app form itself, though

Have just checked my Dentons portal and realised that I was assigned the WG test (deadline tomorrow) but never received an email about it! Would urge everyone else who is yet to hear back to check the portal :)

yes a PSA for anyone else this has happened to - this happened to me in November and I just emailed them to explain and GR was so nice about it :)

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020
    Hi! i was invited to a VI for a firm's SVS, and they use LaunchPad. LaunchPad have told me to install the latest flash player but this isn't possible due to Adobe phasing it from today onwards. Any tips on what to do? :(

Hey, don't worry! I had the same problem and the link to download flash player wouldn't work because it is no longer being used on devices. I know this is annoying but I had to download the app and do the VI on my phone. Problem with this is if you get a call through, your answer up to that point will be submitted if you're in the middle of a question. I put mine on do not disturb and I was fine.

Best of luck :)

Reactions: dosblancos7

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Question for clarification: why law and why commercial law and two different questions arent they?

Yes.
    Why law:
    • A firm may want to know why you've chosen this industry
    • A firm may want to know your motivations/story
    Why commercial law:
    • Self-explanatory: law is various disciplines so why this one?

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Reactions: jds555

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I am really confused by Cleary Gottlieb. It says online that you should apply for their open day if you want to be considered for their Vacation scheme but when you go onto their website I can only find their insight day which has no mention of it being an assessment day.

Anyone else got any insight?

Rene

Star Member
    Nov 10, 2020
    I am really confused by Cleary Gottlieb. It says online that you should apply for their open day if you want to be considered for their Vacation scheme but when you go onto their website I can only find their insight day which has no mention of it being an assessment day.

Anyone else got any insight?
    They just call their AC an open day, just apply for a vac scheme and you’ll have to pass the ‘assessment day’ to get the scheme x

Helpme12345

Valued Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Has anyone been to a Milbank insight day or anything in the past and know how to approach this question?! it feels like an academic essay :eek:

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction” (Ronald Reagan, 1987). In a Covid world, can governments adequately protect public health, stimulate the economy and preserve personal freedom all at the same time?

NK

Distinguished Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    Hey guys - I was just wondering if a short concluding sentence is necessary for the Freshfields personal statement? At the moment, I haven’t got one but I’m already slightly over the word count. Any help would be appreciated !!:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.