• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ90

Esteemed Member
  • Jan 9, 2020
    HNY people! I submitted an app recently but I opened it today to copy and past my work exp section elsewhere, and I realised I put my UCAS tariff points in incorrectly. It was one of the rare times I was asked for a numerical score alongside my actual grades. I recently spoke to a family member who completed A levels recently and I realised that I put my score in as what I now realise is the old tariff which is what I remembered when I first applied for unis. Might sound stupid but do people reckon this will lead to a rejection? 360 points is a whole lot different than 144 points! :confused:

Reactions: APP

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    HNY people! I submitted an app recently but I opened it today to copy and past my work exp section elsewhere, and I realised I put my UCAS tariff points in incorrectly. It was one of the rare times I was asked for a numerical score alongside my actual grades. I recently spoke to a family member who completed A levels recently and I realised that I put my score in as what I now realise is the old tariff which is what I remembered when I first applied for unis. Might sound stupid but do people reckon this will lead to a rejection? 360 points is a whole lot different than 144 points! :confused:

I doubt it, they know that 360 will be the old ucas tariff

Reactions: CMD and OB

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    On that note, I wanted to say that I have submitted my last VS application and will now be taking a little break!

Thank you so much for all your help and support, I will be back when/if I have any updates. Best of luck to you all, so happy + proud of you! :D

P.s. Me anticipating application outcomes:
    friends-scenes-funny-quotes-Favim.com-7095472.jpg

Well done for finishing your apps and hope you enjoy your well deserved break! Your posts/gifs/memes always give me so much life haha. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you on the outcomes!

Last edited:

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Hey, has anyone completed the addleshaw goddard application on the system? The qualifications section is unclear - do they want a breakdown of subjects? If so, there is nowhere to input the overall subject name and grade? Pleas help if you can!
    I submitted mine - there isn't space for a breakdown. There wasn't last year, either. I think it's because they're trying to encourage candidates who are usually blocked by academics to apply.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    On that note, I wanted to say that I have submitted my last VS application and will now be taking a little break!

Thank you so much for all your help and support, I will be back when/if I have any updates. Best of luck to you all, so happy + proud of you! :D

P.s. Me anticipating application outcomes:
    friends-scenes-funny-quotes-Favim.com-7095472.jpg
    I'm laughing nervously because I feel the same (except I've still got a few to submit!).

Although I have an AC to prepare for and two 3000 word essay to submit by next Wednesday, so at least I'm too busy to check my email folder every 15mins!

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    probably first day back for many firms/grad recs today so unlikely but has anyone heard from jones day after recently having their references requested? :)

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Really? I think they ask for individual records?
    How do you mean? I didn't see anywhere to enter individual modules or grades. I know that they have removed A level requirements "to allow a more diverse pool of candidates to apply for training contracts", so I assumed that this was the same reason.

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020
    How do you mean? I didn't see anywhere to enter individual modules or grades. I know that they have removed A level requirements "to allow a more diverse pool of candidates to apply for training contracts", so I assumed that this was the same reason.
    You can keep adding individual 'records' but as i said it's pretty unclear and there is nowhere to note overall mark. Did you just put your degree name and overall grade as an entry and leave it as that? I'm tempted to do that and then email them my breakdowns just in case

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    You can keep adding individual 'records' but as i said it's pretty unclear and there is nowhere to note overall mark. Did you just put your degree name and overall grade as an entry and leave it as that? I'm tempted to do that and then email them my breakdowns just in case
    Yeah, I just put my degree title and selected 'predicted' 'first'.

I did balls up their work experience section because of the format though. I entered the 3 work experiences they asked for and then must have kept adding them (because it let me) and ended up with 6. I've been toying with emailing them asking if they can remove 3 but people have suggested I should just leave it. =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.