Status
Not open for further replies.

Husnayn Nazim

Standard Member
Jun 1, 2020
Every time I take a damn break...

SIDLEY AUSTIN OFFERED ME AN INTERVIEW
1644edddbad1157b5687253923fe0985.gif
That's amazing! When did you send your application off? Is this for Spring or Summer?

• 🏆
Reactions: Evelina

rb26

Star Member
  • Sep 6, 2019
    Do I need to add addresses for the Travers Smith cover letter? The question does say "Please copy and paste from a text editor like NotePad not MS Word as this can cause formatting issues". Is this part of the question referring to adding addresses?

Maybe @Jessica Booker @Jacob Miller @Jaysen can help.

Thank you.

I added just their address last year and got through to the interview stage.

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Do I need to add addresses for the Travers Smith cover letter? The question does say "Please copy and paste from a text editor like NotePad not MS Word as this can cause formatting issues". Is this part of the question referring to adding addresses?

Thank you.

Never used address and I interviewed last cycle.

Reactions: Dwight and AH97

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020

Thank you.
    I personally included proper formal letter formatting but I think the consensus is that it's not strictly necessary.

Reactions: Dwight

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

Thank you.

As there is no formatting, I would just go with an intro and sign off as the formalities of the letter.

Reactions: Dwight

jds555

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 26, 2019
    Just to summarise some of the things I’ve seen about this:

the dream amount is around 850 words according to those who’ve been to open days etc.

Some people have been successful with more than this (around 1000) but the key is definitely to make sure everything is relevant
    Many thanks my cover letter is totalling 1200 words. I hope that they will not penalise me for the length of my letter as there is no word count!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.