2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Hi all, does anyone know the benchmark for pwc's career unlocked test? have googled but the results are mainly from non-legal applicants.

Hi hi,

As someone who is exempt from it, I can tell you that the test is not score based and they look at different sections and how you do in them. It's really hard to tell so please don't worry yourself the next few weeks about it!

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi all, does anyone know the benchmark for pwc's career unlocked test? have googled but the results are mainly from non-legal applicants.
    They assess how you play the game and the characteristics they send you in your test report. The score is just trivial.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi hi,

As someone who is exempt from it, I can tell you that the text is not score based and they look at different sections and how you do in them. It's really hard to tell so please don't worry yourself the next few weeks about it!
    Sometimes I think we’re the same person :cool:

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Sometimes I think we’re the same person :cool:

Us solving law queries - but not the kind of law queries we thought:

tenor.gif

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    Hi hi,

As someone who is exempt from it, I can tell you that the test is not score based and they look at different sections and how you do in them. It's really hard to tell so please don't worry yourself the next few weeks about it!

They assess how you play the game and the characteristics they send you in your test report. The score is just trivial.

Ahh okay, makes me feel a bit better! thank you!

ellensdaleoriginal

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 23, 2020
    I have only just noticed that in the email from Akin Gump asking me to complete the WG test it also asked that I acknowledge I received the email by replying. I received the email on the 11th of December so acknowledging it now doesn't seem like the right option. Seeing as I haven't heard anything since completing the test, should I assume not replying has resulted in an automatic rejection? Is it worth following up with graduate recruitment just in case?

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    CMS Academy offer!!!

4 years of applying and 5 ACs later I’ve finally got a vac scheme :)

This is amazing congratulations! You've always been such a helpful presence on the forums and to me as well when I was applying so I'm honestly really excited and happy for you! I just know you're gonna blow them away on the scheme! :D

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Reactions: Daniel Boden
    D

Deleted member 8599

I have only just noticed that in the email from Akin Gump asking me to complete the WG test it also asked that I acknowledge I received the email by replying. I received the email on the 11th of December so acknowledging it now doesn't seem like the right option. Seeing as I haven't heard anything since completing the test, should I assume not replying has resulted in an automatic rejection? Is it worth following up with graduate recruitment just in case?
    I also forgot to acknowledge the e-mail, and it did not result in rejection afterwards. I would not worry about it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.