2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samantha

Legendary Member
Nov 18, 2020
Just heard from Mishcon de Reya - apparently they are doing a case study exercise and then a separate interview.

"If you are successful, you will then be invited to a virtual interview on a subsequent day, which can then be arranged at convenient time for you. Candidates need to be successful at both the case study and interview to secure a vacation scheme"

Really surprised I got through to the next round - it's the first time I have passed a VI.

(I sent my application on the 20th October, and completed the VI on the 22nd December)
It’s good they have started sending them out! Kinda worried tho because I only sent my VI a day after you and haven’t heard.

thewaythecookiecrumbles

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 14, 2021
Just heard from Mishcon de Reya - apparently they are doing a case study exercise and then a separate interview.

"If you are successful, you will then be invited to a virtual interview on a subsequent day, which can then be arranged at convenient time for you. Candidates need to be successful at both the case study and interview to secure a vacation scheme"

Really surprised I got through to the next round - it's the first time I have passed a VI.

(I sent my application on the 20th October, and completed the VI on the 22nd December)
Amazing! Im still waiting on a VI or a rejection, don't know what they're doing at the point since I saw someone get a VI the other day and now ACs!

thirdtimelucky

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 12, 2019

Congrats! I will now anxiously wait to hear back, I did my VI on the 10th January so not hopeful I'll find out today!

• 🤝
    Reactions: SouffléSouffléSoufflé

layla rose

Legendary Member
  • Nov 27, 2020

Congrats!! When is your case study?

Flora2580

Aug 8, 2020
    Does anyone know how long HSF have taken to get back to people after AC? I had mine for summer vac yesterday and they said it could be on the day or the next morning; I've seen a lot of posts about people finding out on the day if they've been successful so not sure if the silence so far is indicative of anything.... the wait is agonising so if anyone has tips on how to deal with the anxiety that's also appreciated haha
    For winter I heard back in the afternoon of the day after my AC. A lot of people found out on the day/morning after for the winter vac, but the turnaround had to be faster as the scheme was due to start a couple of weeks after. Don't stress if you haven't heard back yet - definitely doesn't mean its a no, may just mean your interviewers haven't found the time to get together and discuss yet.

chromaticaqueen

Star Member
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Hey,

I'm also a non-law grad, so this process was new to me this year too!

For your first WG, I would advise alot of practice before doing it because there is a method behind each of the sections i.e. some require common knowledge and some you assume everything in the passage as fact. Clifford Chance have a great sample WG here: https://careers.cliffordchance.com/middleeast/your-career/law-grads-students.html

As for TW, I haven't heard back since the games either, and haven't seen many people posting on this forum saying they have.

Anything else, feel free to message me!

Ryan

Thanks, Ryan! This is great. Really appreciate your support. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.