2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernlawstud

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi everyone, I've completed the WG test for Hogan Lovells and some tests for Mayer Brown. Any idea when you get an outcome back? It's honestly the worse when you're in limbo and don't know whether to spend another few hours applying for another one!
Thanks

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
Hi guys! I know others had the same as me with Freshfields/FF in that their application was "updated" on the 22nd but they didn't receive a rejection or WG. I still haven't heard anything, is anyone else still in this position? Or have others heard anything, or contacted them?

Am assuming I'm still on a pile to be reviewed but they don't have a means of viewing correspondence, so I'm worried I may have lost an email...

Amy_22

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 15, 2020
Hi everyone, I've completed the WG test for Hogan Lovells and some tests for Mayer Brown. Any idea when you get an outcome back? It's honestly the worse when you're in limbo and don't know whether to spend another few hours applying for another one!
Thanks

Hey

Is the WG test invite automatic or is it only sent to those that pass the application stage? How long ago did you complete the test? Good luck!

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    Thanks
    for the Mayer Brown VS, it took around 3 weeks for them to get back to me with a telephone interview invite - hope that helps!

MzM

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 11, 2019
    Hi guys! I know others had the same as me with Freshfields/FF in that their application was "updated" on the 22nd but they didn't receive a rejection or WG. I still haven't heard anything, is anyone else still in this position? Or have others heard anything, or contacted them?

Am assuming I'm still on a pile to be reviewed but they don't have a means of viewing correspondence, so I'm worried I may have lost an email...
    The email for the WG came from [email protected] - just fyi in case you're looking for it.

Emily K

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 29, 2018

Same position - mine was updated on 21st I think and haven't heard anything yet!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Same position - mine was updated on 21st I think and haven't heard anything yet!

Let me know if you both email as I am in a similar position to you

tk166

Esteemed Member
    Jul 17, 2020

So if mine says updated on the date I submitted it does that mean they haven’t read my application yet?

Reactions: bzheng

PF'noooo!

Star Member
    Jan 19, 2021

Hey I emailed them, they said they are still reviewing applications and was told I would receive an update by early March. My application portal hasn't been updated since I sent my application. Perhaps they are reviewing them in batches, I am not quite sure

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Hey I emailed them, they said they are still reviewing applications and was told I would receive an update by early March. My application portal hasn't been updated since I sent my application. Perhaps they are reviewing them in batches, I am not quite sure
    Thanks for emailing. I wonder what it means for those that applications have been updated recently

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019

Mine was updated 16th Dec and I also have not heard anything yet

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.