2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0723

Valued Member
  • Jan 19, 2020
    Weil WG Invite!! Applied on the deadline :)

Second step forward this cycle, already so much better than last year.

Does anyone know if this is just a straight pass/fail or one where they look for how well you've done?
    Did it come today or sometime last week? I applied near the deadline day too, but haven't heard anything yet.

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    I haven't heard it specifically for this vac scheme application round. I have just been on webinars where graduate recruitment have admitted they are unable to review all apps due to the sheer volume.
    Oh wow!! Thats super disappointing if so. Ive heard of that happening for travers direct TC for sure but not vacs. fingers crossed for both of us anyway!!

Reactions: Lawgirl123

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Hi guys, anyone got a Gateley AC coming up next week? Any ideas on how to prep for the written and group exercises? Any tips from anyone would be appreciated xx
    Can I ask when you applied? I was under the impression they don’t respond till after the deadline which I think is next week!

Reactions: LegalG and OB

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Thanks! I get the impression Travers do not read all the apps they receive? Quite disappointed to learn this as I applied early Jan so think it was too late for them to consider me!!
    I can't say I've heard this aside from the Winter VS which I believe is rolling. I applied for summer so this didn't affect me.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Don’t even get me started on my case study at HSF - I went very red for a person who is brown which I didn’t even think was possible😂

but typically, written ones are designed to be very time pressuring and people rarely ever get to even finish the whole thing. But as you’ve already picked out where you went wrong i.e the timing you will never make the same mistake again! In terms of structure, subheadings are a good shout or if it’s like a presentation, signposts to tell the audience what topic you’re moving on to helps too.
    You might find my article on case studies helpful:

• ℹ️
    Reactions: LegalUser and Lawyer101

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    You might find my article on case studies helpful:

that's amazing, thank you so much!!!!!! Have bookmarked it to have a proper read later!

MJ90

Esteemed Member
  • Jan 9, 2020
    As a graduate and career changer, I've been eligible to apply for multiple spring/summer vac schemes (in fact, the only one I explicitly was unable to apply for was CC because they specify penultimate year only) so you're certainly not restricted to just winter ones in your third year (or beyond)
    Wonder why CC pretty much only take penultimate students now for vacs and direct tc’s. Seems a bit discriminatory imo. Why is someone in their second year of uni better qualified to apply than someone in their final year/who’s graduated? They could all pretty much still start at the same time too, even if it was a year later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.