Status
Not open for further replies.

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
I think PwC hate me - still no email
my portal said smth like 'there are other more suitable candidates than you' which kinda hurt like damn u don't play around with your words so maybe best your portal is not working! and they haven't emailed me either, the audacity.

edit wait this sounds like I'm saying you're waiting for a rejection which is not what i mean at all !

• Wow
Reactions: Athina, OB and ZaraB

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    For anyone wondering, this is how I came to 61:

1. First find % from pie chart
    2. Find % from table

Agreeableness - 284 x 0.21 = 59.64 (60 rounded up)

Out of the 284 responses, 60 fell into this category

Friendly - 60 x 0.68 = 40.8 (41 rounded up)

Out of the 60 responses, 41 were both agreeableness and friendly

Openness - 284 x 0.26 = 73.84 (74 rounded up)

Out of the 284 responses, 74 fell into this category

Cautious - 74 x 0.27 = 19.98 (20 rounded up)

Out of the 74 responses, 20 were both openness and cautious

All together - 41 + 20 = 61
    Very pleased I didn't have to do this assessment, I can barely count to potato.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    my portal said smth like 'there are other more suitable candidates than you' which kinda hurt like damn u don't play around with your words so maybe best your portal is not working! and they haven't emailed me either, the audacity.

edit wait this sounds like I'm saying you're waiting for a rejection which is not what i mean at all !
    Loool I have had no email and my portal is broken cause my FastTrack application glitched something.

Sorry to hear that - so mean :(

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    It was 12 days ago and they said they’ll get in contact with all applicants within a week but usually do so before? Thanks, Jessica!
    Wait until the end of this week and then give them a call on Friday morning if you haven’t heard from them by then.

AspiringSol

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 6
    Nov 9, 2020
    do you think offices will definitely be open this summer and that all vac schemes will be in person? im really dreading having to take the tube in likely 40 degree heat in july lol, i really am not ready for that :’( also i feel a bit anxious about having to commute n also be in an office w people from all over the place bc ofc covid wont have completely evaporated by then

Reactions: gg332dd and Adrian_S

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    do you think offices will definitely be open this summer and that all vac schemes will be in person? im really dreading having to take the tube in likely 40 degree heat in july lol, i really am not ready for that :’( also i feel a bit anxious about having to commute n also be in an office w people from all over the place bc ofc covid wont have completely evaporated by then
    Some firms have already committed to virtual vacation schemes over the summer, while others are doing a hybrid approach and some are still deciding whether to do it in person or not. I think its all quite up in the air and is going to depend on the firm. I'd reccomend just emailing the firms that have offered you a vacation scheme to ask what the current plan is.

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    Don’t think it’s very likely, law firms tend to be more risk averse than other industries. Really depends how things are going though re vaccines etc.

Reactions: AspiringSol

JayC

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 8, 2021
    My vac scheme for June is online, but also when does it reach 40 degrees here lmao

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Unlikely in my opinion. No firm wants to be the firm where a vac schemer gets covid from their office. They will wait until the majority of people are vaccinated and that realistically is going to be in September.

Most organisations I have spoken to have talked about a gradual return to the office over the summer, with September being the watershed moment (hopefully) of most people returning to “normal” ways of working.

Vac schemes also need a lot of planning, so it’s not like they can just decide to move it to the office last minute either. Given that the easier and more risk adverse option is to run it digitally/remotely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.