2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
Jan 16, 2021
I’m also really confused by this!

I’m assuming it’s a step before, but it’s all very different to the recruitment process they initially put out. Hopefully they’ll clarify at some point!
If it’s a step before what can they possibly ask in the final step it seems like quite a lot! But I do think there must be a final step seems like a fair few got to this stage! Good luck everyone I am assuming PFO as loads were successful today but trying to stay hopeful

SamTam99

Legendary Member
Jan 5, 2021
If it’s a step before what can they possibly ask in the final step it seems like quite a lot! But I do think there must be a final step seems like a fair few got to this stage! Good luck everyone I am assuming PFO as loads were successful today but trying to stay hopeful
Yeah if does seem like a lot, but thinking more about it, it is actually just a few tests and a video interview which is not entirely different to what most firms have as their second stage for vac scheme applications.

I would assume that the next stage would be the more traditional assessment centre where there’s a live interview, case study, group exercise etc, but I have no idea because they’ve obviously significantly changed their application process this year and there’s nothing about it on the website.

Best of luck, don’t assume a PFO until they actually send the email- they may just be doing it in batches so no need to stress yet!

• 🤝
Reactions: Legalmel_99

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know any good resources on how to find out more about a law firm's strategy?
Sometimes firms will produce an annual report that goes beyond financial statements. That might be a good port of call.

Either that or our “about us” section of the website are usually good starting places for each firm.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    What are some good questions we can ask the interviewers at the end of an AC interview?

I always recommend asking the interviewers about themselves and their experiences with the firm. Things like what made them qualify in their chosen area, what is it about the firm that made them stay on, or following up on anything else they might have mentioned when they were introducing themselves/throughout the interview. People love talking about themselves imo, and I think it helps build some small rapport with the interviewer if you let them do so.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Maybe email them again and tell them that your portal still isn't working and that you didn't receive an email from them yet as they said they would on Monday and ask them for the outcome?
    Yeah I emailed kindly. There has been several technical issues with my app - like they sent me the VI stage email but not the VI link etc, my portal doesn't update like everyone else cause I'm fastrack etc. Honestly just want this over and done with.

Reactions: KT

djqb

Legendary Member
    Sep 6, 2020
    I love it when you inquire about an application, and 5 minutes later you get the standard rejection email as a response.
    Had a similar experience with A&O for their Dubai VS - emailed them asking if I could add supplementary information that I'd received from my university (grades for some modules) - they rejected me the next day ☹️

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.