2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
TAYLOR WESSING VAC SCHEME 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 GUYS FR I AM SOBBING I HAVE WANTED THEM FOR SO MANY YEARS!!!!

Two years ago a firm called me 'slightly odd and too loud', last year I got no vac schemes and this year.... this year I've had three offers, all with glowing feedback 😭😭😭 Pls never stop trying friends, you will make it ✨
This is amazing and so well deserved! 😊

• Love
Reactions: cmaj and TS2001

Alisha S

Star Member
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Wanted to ask! I have received some module grades for my MA Law which I wanted to add to Shoosmiths, they use the Apply4Law, I have submitted the information through the portal - is it still worth emailing graduate recruitment?

CareerChanger

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    Trowers said we’d hear back by the end of the week, sadly not heard anything! Anyone else heard anything?
    haven't heard anything yet! come at me Trowers I’m ready

bring it on naomi smalls GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Haha
    Reactions: Alisha S, abab and OB

kls

Distinguished Member
    Jan 11, 2021
    Addleshaw Goddard VS offer!! Only had my AC yesterday and didn't expect to hear back so soon! First ever cycle and received 3 AC invites which turned into 3 VS offers- over the moon and could not have done it without the help of this forum so thank you everyone!!

Congratulations! Absolutely smashing it! Hope you can have a nice celebration tonight ☺️

• Love
    • 🏆
    Reactions: Kubed and JW

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    Addleshaw Goddard VS offer!! Only had my AC yesterday and didn't expect to hear back so soon! First ever cycle and received 3 AC invites which turned into 3 VS offers- over the moon and could not have done it without the help of this forum so thank you everyone!!
    That’s incredible stats! Massive congrats. Hope you are celebrating well 😍

• Love
    Reactions: JW

frksch

Star Member
    Jan 27, 2021
    How long do you generally spend preparing for a AC and how much time is considered healthy?
    My first ever interview was with PMC I was clueless and literally spent a solid 2 weeks prepping 5 hours each day. turned out all the prep I had done was completely off base and I couldn't answer a single question in the interview. Think my answer for "why you?" was "because I really want it". legit had not prepared for a single basic answer.

Now I spend a small amount of time each day for maybe 5 days and I only focus on the relevant stuff

JayC

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 8, 2021
    I would ask if you can be assessed for a direct TC instead for one of them. Firms sometimes do this for candidates who can’t do their VS due to clashes and if they say yes that’s all the better for your chances at the TC!
    Do you think it's more likely to get a TC from a direct TC interview than from a vac scheme?

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 21, 2019
    Just had my Jones day interview! Don’t know if I’m overthinking it but they said ‘good luck with your other applications’ at the end and now I’m thinking does that mean a rejection 😂 Why would I need luck unless you’re going to reject me! The psychology of interviews is something else

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.