2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuPnl

Star Member
Forum Winner
Feb 9, 2021
Just on this - I was the first person to be interviewed this cycle for Winckworth (Mid-Jan) was told I would hear back in a month and have just dropped grad rec an email to ask when to expect to hear back seeing as its coming up to 2 months :) Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear!
Hey! Any updates from grad rec yet?

legalCheek27

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 29, 2020
    Question regarding how law firms operate as businesses:
    -Are they any benefits in terms of leverage (associate-to-partner hours) of having a smaller team of lawyers working on particular transaction or case?
    - More generally, what are the benefits of having smaller (3-5 person) teams besides greater responsibility for trainees?

Reactions: collie_121

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019
    Anyone else still waiting to hear back from Orrick for 2022 intake (applied May 2020)? They said last month that they are reviewing applications now and will let us know this month

Reactions: Aun Abbas

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Anyone still not heard from Dechert after their "we are still looking at apps" email lol? Also any idea how long is the turn around after reed smith research question submissions?
    Re Reed Smith I sent my answers on February the 14th and still nothing. But they sent an email saying that we'll get an update asap

Reactions: LeilaScott

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Lol look at you receiving emails! I got nada. And I think we did our RQs at around the same time if I'm remembering things right.

Magazine Everyone GIF

Do not worry my PFO is around the corner

Update: just received a scam call..winning winning winning!

• Haha
    Reactions: Matt_96
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.