Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
So does this mean for firms where you can only apply to one thing this cycle, applying this summer will prevent you from applying later this year?

Does anyone have further information about which firms allow both?
Generally I would say that the summer window is in the previous cycle not the next, purely because they are recruiting for the same intake. So anyone who applied this academic year, couldn’t apply again in the summer, but could reapply next year.

But some firms don’t do it by recruitment cycle but by a calendar year, so it is worthwhile checking the reapplication policy of each firm.

Reactions: hopefullawyer101

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    @M777 @Asil Ahmad @John Abram

Thank you for responding! I got the same automated email too. I honestly thought everyone was on the VI stage, waiting to hear if they have progressed to the AC! I guess we are all in the same boat then.
    Are you all talking about direct tc application as I know only their summer VS has done AC and are waiting on that stage only for VS.

Aspiring_Lawyer98

Jan 28, 2020
    I have an upcoming TC interview where I've been asked to give a 10-minute presentation to a panel of partners on litigation funding in relation to a data privacy dispute. The scenario is that I act for a litigation funder and need to advise on any legal developments specifically/other commercial issues impacting the funding opportunity, and how the funding should be structured if it was pursued. The specific claim is against a social platform for breach of data privacy and image rights.

@Jacob Miller I was wondering if you have any insights on how to structure my presentation and what legal/commercial issues I should be looking into?

Thanks so much!

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    I have an upcoming TC interview where I've been asked to give a 10-minute presentation to a panel of partners on litigation funding in relation to a data privacy dispute. The scenario is that I act for a litigation funder and need to advise on any legal developments specifically/other commercial issues impacting the funding opportunity, and how the funding should be structured if it was pursued. The specific claim is against a social platform for breach of data privacy and image rights.

@Jacob Miller I was wondering if you have any insights on how to structure my presentation and what legal/commercial issues I should be looking into?

Thanks so much!
    Hey,

Congrats on securing the interview!

There are two core issues here: content on one hand, and structure on the other. I personally tended to mind map out my ideas for content before deciding on a particular structure. Do you have any initial thoughts for content which you could share so we can build on them? After that, we can have a think about what sort of structure would work best for you here.

Brandon93

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2018
    The following information on Baker McKenzie's website should provide some guidance as to the TC timeline for those waiting to hear.

To help manage your expectations, please see below our assessment timeline:

• February 1st 2021 - Applications open.
    • February 1st - April 1st 2021 - Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
    • April 1st 2021 - Application deadline.
    • April 2021 - Successful candidates sent invite to undertake online tests and a video interview.
    • May 2021 - Successful candidates will attend an assessment centre.
    • May - June 2021 - Successful candidates will be offered a Training Contract to commence in March or September 2023.

• Sad
    Reactions: John Travoni

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    The following information on Baker McKenzie's website should provide some guidance as to the TC timeline for those waiting to hear.

To help manage your expectations, please see below our assessment timeline:

• February 1st 2021 - Applications open.
    • February 1st - April 1st 2021 - Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
    • April 1st 2021 - Application deadline.
    • April 2021 - Successful candidates sent invite to undertake online tests and a video interview.
    • May 2021 - Successful candidates will attend an assessment centre.
    • May - June 2021 - Successful candidates will be offered a Training Contract to commence in March or September 2023.
    So basically they are not rolling basis and I should have spent more time on my application.

Reactions: John Travoni
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.