Status
Not open for further replies.

traineedreamer

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 23, 2019
For anyone waiting to hear from Hogan Lovells, the head of Grad Rec is on live with Vantage. She just said they are expecting to send emails out for direct TCs within the next week or so. She also said if you don't hear back in that time, you should send an email.

• ℹ️
Reactions: AlRJ

hopefullawyer101

Legendary Member
Feb 25, 2021
Apologies if this is a silly question. If I apply for direct TC applications this summer, does this count as an application in '2020/21' cycle and will I be apply to reapply in the Autumn for Vac Schemes etc to the same firms, if I have been unsuccessful ?

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Apologies if this is a silly question. If I apply for direct TC applications this summer, does this count as an application in '2020/21' cycle and will I be apply to reapply in the Autumn for Vac Schemes etc to the same firms, if I have been unsuccessful ?
Not a silly question and you’re right about this. I used to be confused about this and I’m sure many others agree!

A direct TC this summer will be an application in the 2020/21 cycle. A subsequent vac scheme application in the autumn will be an application in the 2021/22 cycle. :)

Last edited:

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
No am hoping this is good news to get my motivation back.
It’s weird because they said in the confirmation email that we should hear back in March/April if we got through to the WG stage. But they really need to get a start bc they’ve got confirmed dates for the ACs in May. And there’s still the WG and VI stages 😂😂

hopefullawyer101

Legendary Member
Feb 25, 2021
Not a silly question and you’re right about this. I used to be confused about this and I’m sure many others agree!

A direct TC this summer will be an application in the 2021/22 cycle. A subsequent vac scheme application in the autumn will be an application in the 2021/22 cycle. :)
So does this mean for firms where you can only apply to one thing this cycle, applying this summer will prevent you from applying later this year?

Does anyone have further information about which firms allow both?

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    @M777 and @Asil Ahmad, in regards to BM, can I ask when both of you applied and what stage you’re at?

I applied rather late, but would like to have an idea of how rolling they really are.

Thanks in advance :):)
    I applied 28th February and application form stage and I don't think anyone has heard back post application for direct training contract application.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    It’s weird because they said in the confirmation email that we should hear back in March/April if we got through to the WG stage. But they really need to get a start bc they’ve got confirmed dates for the ACs in May. And there’s still the WG and VI stages 😂😂
    I agree with you like are they going to do both VI and WG in April because they have assessment centre dates in May.

Reactions: John Travoni

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    So does this mean for firms where you can only apply to one thing this cycle, applying this summer will prevent you from applying later this year?

Does anyone have further information about which firms allow both?
    Really sorry I made a typo and I’ve edited the original post for clarity.

A direct TC application this summer will count as an application for 2020/21 cycle. A vacation scheme app in the autumn will count as an application for 2021/22 cycle.

Reactions: Jacob Miller

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    @M777 and @Asil Ahmad, in regards to BM, can I ask when both of you applied and what stage you’re at?

I applied rather late, but would like to have an idea of how rolling they really are.

Thanks in advance :):)
    I applied in late February. I got an automated email when I applied stating that they'd be sending out tests and video interviews in March and April, and that I'd hear the outcome by mid April, and that all ACs would take place throughout May

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.