2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
I didn't get this mass email from Mayer Brown. I did a phone interview with MB in december and have heard nothing at all, have chased up twice. I think they've genuinely just forgotten about my application. Quite frustrating!

• Sad
Reactions: Legalmel_99

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Yeah, that is strange! I did the AC for DLA too - I thought I heard them mention that they weren't doing the full three weeks if it's virtual (or maybe that they didn't do three weeks last year?). From what I understood, the first week of their scheme is more of a social/networking week, with teambuilding exercises in & around London.
    Yes - if it's virtual it might be one week online like last year but they're planning it to be in person. The first week is a presentation week where everyone from across the UK offices comes to London. It's just so frustrating that I had to turn down another vac scheme for it :( But I am on the reserve list!

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    Mayer Brown tended to ghost people even in pre-covid times. :(
    Yeah, I saw someone on here who did their TI same day as me. Emailed them in mid january to chase and never heard back. It's pretty annoying after investing all that time into the application process, but there's nothing I can do about it and ghosting is commonplace in this game sadly

Reactions: FM302989
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.