2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clach555

Jan 5, 2021
Hi everyone! This is probably a very silly question but I was wondering whether I should wait to apply for the GDL after Vacation Schemes have gone ahead in hope of securing a training contract and funding? I'm concerned that if I wait till then I won't know the firm's outcome until late July and is that then too late to apply for the GDL?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone! This is probably a very silly question but I was wondering whether I should wait to apply for the GDL after Vacation Schemes have gone ahead in hope of securing a training contract and funding? I'm concerned that if I wait till then I won't know the firm's outcome until late July and is that then too late to apply for the GDL?
You could wait. Or you could apply now and just hold the offer for as long as possible and don't rush into accepting a place. Institutions tend to put pressure on your to accept ASAP but I know many instances of people enrolling on to the course even after it has started, so waiting until late July/August won't be an issue.

Reactions: Clach555

Matt_96

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    From Travers:

Thank you for your patience regarding the status of your application for a Summer Vacation Scheme.

We are sorry to inform you that we will not be holding any further interviews. We realise how disappointing this is but we have experienced a higher volume of applications than usual and, unfortunately, we are unable to interview everyone who has applied.

If the firm is still of interest, please visit our website in mid-July for further information about the Training Contract application process for September 2023.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback at this stage. As we mentioned, due to the high volume of applications received we simply ran out of spaces and were unable to interview everyone who applied.

Once again, please do accept our sincere apologies for the delay you have experienced. We would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in Travers Smith.

I haven't even got the email lol

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Neither 😂 think they’ve just forgotten about me!

Sigh. I made a big effort to apply early and to the VS for this cycle because last year they didn't bother to read my application. If I'm getting the same treatment this year, I know that if I end up having to do another cycle, I don't think I'm going to bother applying at all.

Reactions: kls

kls

Distinguished Member
    Jan 11, 2021
    Sigh. I made a big effort to apply early and to the VS for this cycle because last year they didn't bother to read my application. If I'm getting the same treatment this year, I know that if I end up having to do another cycle, I don't think I'm going to bother applying at all.

I’m completely the same. Made sure I did it early because previously it had all been rolling too but again the same thing happened. It’s very frustrating

• 🤝
    Reactions: Matt_96

chloe_

Apr 6, 2021
    Has anyone else not heard from Winckworth Sherwood? I had my interview in early February and still haven't heard. I know a few people have had PFOs and some have had direct TC interviews. I'm not sure whether to email them in case there has been an admin error or to just keep waiting!

Reactions: dollyparton

TiredPG

Star Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 6, 2021
    Hungry Full House GIF

... is this just force feeding yourself pasta to distraction? if so - I love it 😉
    I wish 😍

Bonolaw

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 28, 2021
    I haven't even got the email lol

Literally just had the email and tbh I do think the application has never even been read, they just had too many this year

• 🤝
    Reactions: Matt_96
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.