TCLA General Discussion Thread #2 (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey all, we're discussing the rise of plant-based alternatives to meat and animal by-products in this week's commercial discussion! It would be super interesting to hear everyone's input and thoughts!
As the least commercially aware person on this forum, I can’t really contribute to the conversation. But what I will say is that this seems to be a massive area for investment companies at the moment… it keeps coming up in lots of conversations in the work I do in the investment sector!

Reactions: Dheepa and Jacob Miller
A

Anon 11031

Hey all, we're discussing the rise of plant-based alternatives to meat and animal by-products in this week's commercial discussion! It would be super interesting to hear everyone's input and thoughts!
I talked about this on an application a few months back. Mainly because I'm vegetarian so I have always been very aware of the market.

You should take a look at the brand 'THIS'. It's insane how much their sales have increased since they opened. Just for reference though, their registered company name is Plant Meat Limited.

Reactions: OB and Jacob Miller

Law2022

Legendary Member
May 3, 2020
I got the scheme but I cant do the dates anymore because they've changed them - guessing that means you'll probs be emailed saying you've made it off the reserve list!
Sorry to hear that you can’t make the scheme. Congrats on securing a place. Thank you for letting me know!

• Love
Reactions: Nnu

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
Anyone received the Bevan Brittan Watson Glaser test invite?
Absolutely not a sausage. Know lots of people have received PFO’s and invites. But I still haven’t heard anything at all. Now going on 2 unanswered emails 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ve given up tbh, they must be so so busy and I don’t want to stress them out even more!

• 🤝
Reactions: KirstyT

Glayson Tavares-Costa

M&A Bootcamp
Jan 8, 2021
Has anyone had any experiences with applying to Eversheds using the direct training contract route? Do they look at direct TC apps only if they have not filled their spots through their vac schemes? I am just considering whether my time is invested sensibly should I complete their direct TC app! Thank you all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.