2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilz

Esteemed Member
Dec 16, 2020
I gave them an email a couple weeks ago as I hadn't heard anything, and they said they would respond to all applicants by June 30th, with interviews taking place w/c 12th of July. I haven't heard anything either just to clarify, but they just said they had received a significant number more so than any other year, and they don't use an automated system to filter out applications, hence why it takes longer.
Ah okay thankyou so much! And what do you mean automated system to filter out applicants?
Do you mean like the personality tests etc? Because I thought they come after the firm has read the applications anyway?

Noodles52

Distinguished Member
  • Jun 24, 2021
    Ah okay thankyou so much! And what do you mean automated system to filter out applicants?
    Do you mean like the personality tests etc? Because I thought they come after the firm has read the applications anyway?
    No, some firms use automated systems looking for key things in cv’s and applications. It’s a time saver for them basically. Just saves them manually sifting through every applicant.

Reactions: Lilz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.