2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anon 11031

They said within 3 weeks of the deadline which leads us to the end of the week
If it was me, I'd email sometime early next week if you haven't heard by Friday then. Especially since so many people seemingly have had outcomes.

Fingers crossed this means good news though! :)

Reactions: MLF

bhim

Jul 12, 2021
For starters, this isn't a terrible error by any stretch of the imagination - plenty of successful apps have had a lot worse discrepancies than that! I would personally raise it with them - when you're in practice, if you make a mistake, it's on you to own it and notify the relevant people ASAP to minimise any damage done.
Thanks! I emailed them this morning turns out Google AutoFill changed the dates of most my academics. I've explained the situation, hopefully they still review my application.

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
At what point should I follow up with a training contract application, I applied around 10 weeks ago now and the deadline was May 29 and haven’t heard anything since the confirmation of application submission email. I know firms get a huge amount of applications so I understand it isn’t going to be quick to hear back but at what point should I be concerned to have heard nothing.

A

Anon 11031

Thinking about applying to Weil, I have a first from a non-RG. Is it worth applying when they're so elite?
According to Legal Cheek, 9% of their current trainees didn't attend RG or Oxbridge unis. So, they definitely do recruit from some!

I think @Alice G once reminded me that, so long as you meet the minimum academic requirements, you are good enough! So I would submit the application, if you have the time 😊

• 🤝
Reactions: Alice G and Holly

BiancaM

Distinguished Member
  • Apr 10, 2021
    rpc's been really good with communications. i did the online assessment at 1 July for the direct tc and they sent an email today to assure candidates that they are still in review and gave a brief time frame to expect a decision. wish the same could be said with others:rolleyes:

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Thinking about applying to Weil, I have a first from a non-RG. Is it worth applying when they're so elite?

I would just caution that if this is for a direct TC, most firms with small intakes (like Weil) tend to recruit most if not all their trainees from their vacation schemes. So I think the real hurdle here would be if they even have any TC spots available after their vacation schemes.

Reactions: Law2022

Law2022

Legendary Member
    May 3, 2020
    I would just caution that if this is for a direct TC, most firms with small intakes (like Weil) tend to recruit most if not all their trainees from their vacation schemes. So I think the real hurdle here would be if they even have any TC spots available after their vacation schemes.
    Thanks for this! That’s super helpful :)

Reactions: Dheepa

Bee6

Star Member
    Jan 1, 2021
    Hi all, I am currently completing Freshfields’ TC application form. I am currently a second year student going into my final year. In the education section (Education 1), it asks me to list my Degree name and anticipated graduation date. But under the same Education 1 section, it asks me to select the Education Level (Achieved). I have not completed my degree and the form is not letting me put a ‘–‘ or ‘N/A.’ Do I just put in A Level for this section?

Bee6

Star Member
    Jan 1, 2021
    Hi all, I am currently completing Freshfields’ TC application form. I am currently a second year student going into my final year. In the education section (Education 1), it asks me to list my Degree name and anticipated graduation date. But under the same Education 1 section, it asks me to select the Education Level (Achieved). I have not completed my degree and the form is not letting me put a ‘–‘ or ‘N/A.’ Do I just put in A Level for this section?
    I've just seen a 'No Final Certificate' and 'Other' selection I can pick - do I use one of these? Thank you :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.