• Applications for Willkie Farr & Gallagher's vacation schemes close on the 20th December. Apply now!
  • Applications for Shearman & Sterling's vacation schemes are now open! Apply now.
  • Common application pitfalls to avoid over the coming months. Read Now!

2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhim

Jul 12, 2021
For starters, this isn't a terrible error by any stretch of the imagination - plenty of successful apps have had a lot worse discrepancies than that! I would personally raise it with them - when you're in practice, if you make a mistake, it's on you to own it and notify the relevant people ASAP to minimise any damage done.
Thanks! I emailed them this morning turns out Google AutoFill changed the dates of most my academics. I've explained the situation, hopefully they still review my application.

Abii

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
At what point should I follow up with a training contract application, I applied around 10 weeks ago now and the deadline was May 29 and haven’t heard anything since the confirmation of application submission email. I know firms get a huge amount of applications so I understand it isn’t going to be quick to hear back but at what point should I be concerned to have heard nothing.

lawnoodle

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Feb 23, 2021
Thinking about applying to Weil, I have a first from a non-RG. Is it worth applying when they're so elite?
According to Legal Cheek, 9% of their current trainees didn't attend RG or Oxbridge unis. So, they definitely do recruit from some!

I think @Alice G once reminded me that, so long as you meet the minimum academic requirements, you are good enough! So I would submit the application, if you have the time 😊

• 🤝
Reactions: Alice G and Holly

Law2022

Legendary Member
May 3, 2020
According to Legal Cheek, 9% of their current trainees didn't attend RG or Oxbridge unis. So, they definitely do recruit from some!

I think @Alice G once reminded me that, so long as you meet the minimum academic requirements, you are good enough! So I would submit the application, if you have the time 😊
Thank you, that is very helpful indeed :)

Reactions: lawnoodle

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Thinking about applying to Weil, I have a first from a non-RG. Is it worth applying when they're so elite?

I would just caution that if this is for a direct TC, most firms with small intakes (like Weil) tend to recruit most if not all their trainees from their vacation schemes. So I think the real hurdle here would be if they even have any TC spots available after their vacation schemes.

Reactions: Law2022

Bee6

Star Member
    Jan 1, 2021
    Hi all, I am currently completing Freshfields’ TC application form. I am currently a second year student going into my final year. In the education section (Education 1), it asks me to list my Degree name and anticipated graduation date. But under the same Education 1 section, it asks me to select the Education Level (Achieved). I have not completed my degree and the form is not letting me put a ‘–‘ or ‘N/A.’ Do I just put in A Level for this section?

Bee6

Star Member
    Jan 1, 2021
    Hi all, I am currently completing Freshfields’ TC application form. I am currently a second year student going into my final year. In the education section (Education 1), it asks me to list my Degree name and anticipated graduation date. But under the same Education 1 section, it asks me to select the Education Level (Achieved). I have not completed my degree and the form is not letting me put a ‘–‘ or ‘N/A.’ Do I just put in A Level for this section?
    I've just seen a 'No Final Certificate' and 'Other' selection I can pick - do I use one of these? Thank you :)

Apply to Shearman & Sterling's vacation schemes by 16 January 2022!
    Want to work for a global elite law firm? Shearman & Sterling's vacation schemes will see you experience two diverse practice groups (one each week), with your personal preferences catered to.

The scheme aims to mirror the Training Contract in that everyone will experience at least one of the firm's core transactional groups (M&A, Finance and Project Development & Finance) as well as being allocated a mentor and supervisor to provide advice and support, answer any questions and most importantly – provide you with some work!

Apply by 16 January 2022!
    Status
    Not open for further replies.