2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kr253

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 20, 2021
Does anyone have experience with a Withers direct TC interview? I’m not sure what to expect (or how many stages there are to the interview process)
I do from last year - there were two stages, an interview and an AC, I got to the AC but got rejected after that. As far as I remember, it all happened really quickly - the interview happened within days of being invited to it, then I heard back within a few days with an invite to the AC, which was the following week... The first stage interview was pretty straightforward, with GR and a partner. The only question out of the ordinary was where they asked me to explain one of my undergraduate modules to them as though they were 16, which took me by surprise and tested my memory (finished my undergrad 5 years ago!). Otherwise, they asked quite a bit to gauge my understanding of what the firm does, what services they offer, and some normal competency questions.
Hope this helps - happy to help with more info on the AC if you get there too!

D

Deleted member 2707

2023/2024 I think. I emailed them after applying asking if I could be considered for march 2023, and they said that I would be "automatically considered for the earliest possible start date"- so this is presumably march '23
Perhaps thats why! I've gotten the email and I applied for March 2023 :) hope that helps!

A

Anon 11031

This may seem like a bizarre question but is it appropriate to connect with partners that conducted your TC interview on LinkedIn?

It's where I'm doing my TC, I just don't want to come across as being too much. 😂

ChantelleTen

Mar 9, 2021
Just finished my first ever final interview - have NO IDEA what to do with myself.
This may seem like a bizarre question but is it appropriate to connect with partners that conducted your TC interview on LinkedIn?

It's where I'm doing my TC, I just don't want to come across as being too much. 😂
If you already have the TC then I'm sure that's not a problem at all! Congrats again on the TC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.