TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
May 5, 2020
People applying to CMS (this question has probably been asked before so apologies) but has anyone done that appraisal from their most recent employer? Don’t think asking my firm to appraise me for another firm would go down well lol

Reactions: bananak

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Just had my A&O interview and absolutely bombed it. Oh dear
Very easy to self-criticise after an interview. I've had two ACs, one for a vac and one for a TC, where I was absolutely convinced I bombed it. I'd kick myself over things I'd said and micro-analyse my entire performance. Wasn't worth it- I ended up getting very positive feedback and told that I was close to receiving the offer. You'll probably also find that you performed better than you think.

If you're convinced you've bombed it, then I won't challenge that as only you can know that. However, your feedback will almost certainly be more positive than you think. "It's not a PFO until it's a PFO" applies at interview stage too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.