TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoughWood

Legendary Member
Trainee
Feb 24, 2021
Simmons WVS PFO. Last year I trailed off in the middle of two answers in the VI and made it to AC. This year, I thought I did well but didn’t pass.

Honestly, I’m reaching the point where I cannot understand what GR is looking for. I have good relevant experiences, a decent education, follow all the advice here and generally out there, get my applications checked, but I’m not getting anywhere. There doesn’t really seem to be a technique to crack, now it just feels like a lottery.

Ugh sorry for the moaning!
I completely understand that feeling, the main thing to remember is that it is not about how good you are. You could literally be the absolute best version of yourself and not get it purely because it isn't about you, it's about who you are up against. You can't control who the other applicants are so focus on being the best version of yourself.

Try not to worry about things that are outside of your control. You control yourself, so be the best self that you can. Much easier said than done of course. We cant help but evaluate every little thing that we said, but not getting through doesn't mean that you aren't good enough, if that was the case then they wouldn't have wanted to meet you in the first place. It all builds resilience and just know that you are not alone in your thoughts, who knows what GR are actually looking for! Be your best self and you'll end up where you are meant to be, when you are meant to be there.

John Doe

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 18, 2021
I completely understand that feeling, the main thing to remember is that it is not about how good you are. You could literally be the absolute best version of yourself and not get it purely because it isn't about you, it's about who you are up against. You can't control who the other applicants are so focus on being the best version of yourself.

Try not to worry about things that are outside of your control. You control yourself, so be the best self that you can. Much easier said than done of course. We cant help but evaluate every little thing that we said, but not getting through doesn't mean that you aren't good enough, if that was the case then they wouldn't have wanted to meet you in the first place. It all builds resilience and just know that you are not alone in your thoughts, who knows what GR are actually looking for! Be your best self and you'll end up where you are meant to be, when you are meant to be there.
The more PFOs I get the more I appreciate the bonding of this forum and how supportive people are towards one another - which is very incredible given how cutthroat the competition is - keep up the good work people!

vacschemeapss

Valued Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hey guys, I have failed my NRF telephone interview and absolutely don't know the reasons for the same. I did so well (I feel), knew ALL questions, had prepared very well and gave logical, composed answers. Does anyone have any advice on what to make of this? And how to get grad to provide a feedback (if at all there is precedent for this)? Thanks

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey guys, I have failed my NRF telephone interview and absolutely don't know the reasons for the same. I did so well (I feel), knew ALL questions, had prepared very well and gave logical, composed answers. Does anyone have any advice on what to make of this? And how to get grad to provide a feedback (if at all there is precedent for this)? Thanks
Firms will usually provide feedback for interview stages, so there is no harm requesting feedback from the firm.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker

On the Further Information section under undergraduate results, is it appropriate to talk about academic prizes, or should the section just be limited to extenuating circumstances and similar content?
Definitely the type of information to include in this section, unless there is a later question/section that specifically asks for academic prizes.

Reactions: pfoapplicant

Veep9

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020

I really appreciate your reply and generally the support on this site. This is a hellish process and I can’t imagine doing it all alone 🤗

Reactions: ScrappyDoo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.