Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey everyone,

I'm very happy to announce the biggest scholarship programme we've ever run. 85 scholarships are available, valued at £9,000.

We don’t want your financial situation or your circumstances to be a barrier to accessing our best resources. We thought deeply about how we could implement that desire. How could we run a programme that had a real impact?

TCLA's 2021 Scholarship Programme includes:
    • 50 one-month Bronze subscriptions
    • 25 six-month Bronze subscriptions
    • 10 1-year Silver+ subscriptions
    Each Silver+ scholar will receive:
    • Access to all of TCLA Premium’s content for one year, including nine courses on everything from M&A to legal technology
    • Access to seven one-hour webinars
    • 12 application reviews (one every month) and access to 75+ successful applications and cover letters
    • A hard copy of our commercial booklets
    • Access to TCLA’s Video Interview Simulator, with hired actors designed to simulate a real VI
    • A one-hour mock interview
    • A £100 grant towards expenses related to a career in commercial law
    …and much more!

Scholarships are awarded on the basis of any of the following:
    • Financial circumstances
    • Being from an underrepresented group
    • Where a scholarship will make a substantial difference to a candidate's journey
    Apply by 31 December 2020.

You can read more and apply here: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/scholarship/.

Best!
    Jaysen

• 🏆
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    Hi @Jaysen, hope you are doing well. Just wanted to ask you, would it be possible for you to share the number of entries you received for the TCLA Scholarship 2021 program. I wish to use it for my Freshfields' application section that asks us about any scholarships that we've won.

Thanks in advance.

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    Hi @Jaysen, hope you are doing well. Just wanted to ask you, would it be possible for you to share the number of entries you received for the TCLA Scholarship 2021 program. I wish to use it for my Freshfields' application section that asks us about any scholarships that we've won.

Thanks in advance.
    Hello @Jaysen , I think you missed this. Would be great if you could please respond.

Thanks.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Can I just say that I was one of the 75 scholars this year?

Thanks.
    You could, but I don’t see the benefit of including this. I would personally focus on either why you applied for the scholarship or how you have benefited/the most important thing you have learnt from it.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    You could, but I don’t see the benefit of including this. I would personally focus on either why you applied for the scholarship or how you have benefited/the most important thing you have learnt from it.
    Actually, the scholarship would just be one of the 4-5 other things that I have to mention in the 100-word question. The word count wouldn't allow me go into great detail about every achievement/scholarship so I thought that it would be best to simply quantify the achievements and not detail them too much. Is this a bad strategy? Should I instead write about a few achievements and give details around those?

Thanks.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Actually, the scholarship would just be one of the 4-5 other things that I have to mention in the 100-word question. The word count wouldn't allow me go into great detail about every achievement/scholarship so I thought that it would be best to simply quantify the achievements and not detail them too much. Is this a bad strategy? Should I instead write about a few achievements and give details around those?

Thanks.
    I don’t think you really quantify the scholarship with saying how many people applied or how many got the scholarship. Something brief like “I successfully applied to The Corporate Law Academy’s 2020 scholarship programme, allowing me to complete their varied training courses on subjects like Private Equity” would be sufficient in my eyes.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.