TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    My lowest scoring attribute was critical thinking on the CAPP but then I scored in the 93rd percentile for the WG - hoping they will cancel each other out?! 🤞
    Definitely weigh CAPP quite heavily over WG. I got 94 percentile in WG but didn't get an AC invite for winter vs

100%, I’ve seen people in this forum get 50% on the Watson but get through to AC! Hard to know what they’re looking for in their agile mindset. No one knows!

F99

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2021
    Definitely weigh CAPP quite heavily over WG. I got 94 percentile in WG but didn't get an AC invite for winter vs
    Yes, makes sense. When I applied last year I got 97th percentile for WG but still got rejected probably based on my Capp (my highest scoring attributes were working with others and resilience, and my lowest scoring was respect) o_O So seems like Capp really is important!

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    Is it possible that Linklaters will also consider our performance in attributes other than the highest scoring and lowest scoring ones? Even though other attributes do not own a place in the highest score and lowest score they probably will have a score as well (I guess?)?

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2020
    @Jessica Booker

Hi guys - can Linklaters candidates do their Watson Glaser after the application deadline? I presume the answer is yes, given the following message (which differentiates between the Capp assessment and the Watson Glaser) on the grad rec email:

Please note, you must complete the Linklaters online assessment before the application deadline. You will have 5 days after completing your application to take the Watson Glaser test. Your application is not complete and will not be considered until you have taken both tests.

CorporateLaw101

Legendary Member
  • Nov 16, 2021
    Is it possible that Linklaters will also consider our performance in attributes other than the highest scoring and lowest scoring ones? Even though other attributes do not own a place in the highest score and lowest score they probably will have a score as well (I guess?)?
    Yes for sure. They’ll consider our entire score not just highest and lowest attributes. How they do so and what they weigh highly remains a closely guarded secret however!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Possibly. It could also be more about combinations that complement each other/balance each other out.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker

Hi guys - can Linklaters candidates do their Watson Glaser after the application deadline? I presume the answer is yes, given the following message (which differentiates between the Capp assessment and the Watson Glaser) on the grad rec email:

Please note, you must complete the Linklaters online assessment before the application deadline. You will have 5 days after completing your application to take the Watson Glaser test. Your application is not complete and will not be considered until you have taken both tests.
    I’m not entirely clear on this unfortunately.

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    This is entirely speculative, but I have a suspicion that part of what Links is looking for is a correspondence between the traits you display in the SJT scenarios and how you present yourself in the self-assessment bits. The test allows them to evaluate self-awareness, to an extent, and it wouldn't surprise me if this was part of what they're looking at.

Hele25

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    Well my brain did NOT like that Gowling test. Ohmygoodness 🥴
    life miranda GIF

The highlight - I “tend to process information more slowly than most” ffs
    😂😭

Last edited:

xtinew

Distinguished Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    Question about DLA Piper, applied around September, haven't heard anything back but my mate says they're sending rejections now. My portal says it was last updated 25 November, am wondering if that's a silent rejection?
    Exact same position as you, even down to the day of the update. I have not received any news but I've previously had issues receiving emails. Keeping an eye out for us.

Reactions: Lukman

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    But WG doesn't have to be done before the deadline necessarily - or does it? The way I read it suggests you have five days to complete the test after you submit your application, so the latest someone could complete it is five days from now? Correct me if I'm wrong on that though!
    I do not know because I get so confused..so, I always do it asap. Better be safe than sorry

Reactions: F99
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.