TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
That’s really useful thank you!

Do you think eversheds are likely to look at my old application when I apply? @Jessica Booker @AvniD
Hi @golden99,

I do not know for sure, however, given the number of applications firms receive, they are extremely unlikely to do this prior to you being progressed to interview stage, if at all.

I personally applied to at least one firm that I had been rejected the year before and was progressed to interview the next.

Hope that helps! @Jessica Booker would probably be best placed to advise on this though and I am sure it varies between firms.

Reactions: James Carrabino

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021

Do you think eversheds are likely to look at my old application when I apply? @Jessica Booker @AvniD
They might! If you got rejected at the application stage, then they may check your old application against your new one to evaluate if you demonstrate some sort of progression, either in your grades, work ex or answers. The likelihood of this is probably low though.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

They may not even have your old application if their data retention policy means they would delete the data within a set period of time and that time has expired.

Even if they do have it on file, 9 times out of 10 they probably won’t need to look at your previous application as a decision can be made based on your most recent application.

In an instance where there is maybe a bit of borderline decision they may look at your previous application, particularly if they are trying to work out what has changed since the last time you applied, but generally they don’t have time to do this and therefore there would have to be a really specific reason for them doing this.

• ℹ️
Reactions: AspiringSol and George Maxwell

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Hi @GXA123,

When you say completely blocking you, what do you mean exactly? I would email their GR team to let them know just in case you need to submit an application soon etc.

After a quick google, their email, just in case you don't have it is: [email protected] 🚀

Edit: I have just seen your follow-up post showing what the error is. I would personally 1. email GR, 2. look to delete your browser cache/cookies and 3. use a VPN if you have one?

This is a tricky one so I am just letting you know what I would do in your situation. I am not sure that there are any quick fixes though unfortunately. Have you tried connecting to the website on a different WiFi network perhaps?
    Hey George! Thank you so much for your response! I still don’t know what’s the reason. But I ended up downloading Firefox and it worked for me. Even VPN websites are blocking me I probably done something wrong with my laptop! Thanks again 🥰🥰

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hey George! Thank you so much for your response! I still don’t know what’s the reason. But I ended up downloading Firefox and it worked for me. Even VPN websites are blocking me I probably done something wrong with my laptop! Thanks again 🥰🥰
    Ah great that's good to hear!

I know these things can be frustrating/stressful so great that you have found a workaround 👊

Reactions: GXA123
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.