TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
For those invited to CC's AC for the 2023 Training Contract, are you able to/have you booked an interview slot for the w/c 17 Jan? I was only able to book for w/c 10 Jan but would prefer booking in later (Though, I think 2024 and IGNITE may take place during the weeks after).

Last edited:

golden99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
They might! If you got rejected at the application stage, then they may check your old application against your new one to evaluate if you demonstrate some sort of progression, either in your grades, work ex or answers. The likelihood of this is probably low though.
Thanks for advice @George Maxwell @AvniD @Jessica Booker. Really useful!

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD and George Maxwell

M&Amakesmyday

Star Member
Oct 30, 2021
Reed Smith PFO after SJT. I can't seem to pass the SJT for any firm. I've spent so much time on my application so it's really disheartening that something arbitrary like the SJT stops me from being looked at holistically. Does the SJT really mean anything anyway? Like, the values are always wrong for me and shouldn't I be able to learn on the job anyway?

KADELE

Standard Member
Feb 10, 2021
@Jessica Booker @AvniD
Hi, I’m applying to eversheds this after being rejected last year. I have used the same examples (the questions are below) for two of the questions, that I used last year but I have made major changes and think the responses are stronger for it. I also think the examples used are the best one I have. Do you think this is an acceptable approach or would they expect something completely different? (Not sure if relevant but my university grades have also dramatically improved in the last year)

1- When have you worked towards an ambitious goal? As part of your answer, please describe how you tackled this goal, what set-backs you faced and what energised you about the situation.

2- When have you delivered a piece of work where quality was an important factor? As part of your answer, please describe why quality was important to you, what approaches you took to help you deliver and what you enjoyed?
Hi! Someone asked the same question at one of the Legal Cheek fairs and Evershed's Grad Rec team said it was basically fine to re-use old answers (obviously improving things where you can) and the two applications won't be cross-compared or anything. Hope that helps!

atrumregina1

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 5, 2021
    Reed Smith PFO after SJT. I can't seem to pass the SJT for any firm. I've spent so much time on my application so it's really disheartening that something arbitrary like the SJT stops me from being looked at holistically. Does the SJT really mean anything anyway? Like, the values are always wrong for me and shouldn't I be able to learn on the job anyway?
    I have also received PFO. I have taken that SJT 4 times now and passed 2 times and failed 2 times. No idea what the deal is anymore 🤷‍♀️

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.