TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
want to manage my own expectations but when Jones Day contact your references, what does that usually mean in terms of potential outcome!
I'd not take it as a signal of either a yes or a no- it may lead to making too much out of what the firm perceives to be a simple administrative procedure. I know the wait is so hard and anxiety-inducing, but hang in there! You've got this! 💪

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi everyone, I've got a Reed Smith video interview invitation which has to be completed in 3 days. But I'm having a bad flu (possibly Covid related, awaiting PCR result) - and having quite a sore throat. Question: Is it likely that law firms would allow a reasonable adjustment in such a case? And if so, would they allow me to complete the video interview at a later date?

(I have emailed the Grad Recruitment about this issue - I'd just like to hear about others' opinions before receiving a reply tomorrow!)

I literally have emailed GR the same thing because i’m really ill with covid !! will let you know what they say if they email me aswell :)
I hope y'all feel better soon and GR comes through with that extension!🤞Let us know how it goes!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
I'm with you. Can't ever seem to pass the SJT. I agree, the Reed Smith PFO after the SJT is particularly brutal considering it was based on 8 questions alone. Could have done that 20 minute test before spending hours on the application and save us the trouble.
Reed Smith PFO after SJT. I can't seem to pass the SJT for any firm. I've spent so much time on my application so it's really disheartening that something arbitrary like the SJT stops me from being looked at holistically. Does the SJT really mean anything anyway? Like, the values are always wrong for me and shouldn't I be able to learn on the job anyway?
Sorry to hear that you've been struggling with SJTs- these tests can be so hard and frustrating to crack, but the fact that you guys made it to the SJT stage, which less than half of all applicants do generally, is a testament to your abilities and skill. When you feel ready, please feel free to go through some links I'm including below for SJT preparation that you may find helpful-
  1. How to Prepare for SJTs- https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/scenario-based-assessment.2367/#post-30260
  2. Ways to approach SJTs- https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/situational-judgement-tests.1729/#post-14156
  3. Links to SJT practice tests- https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ssion-thread-2020-21.2170/page-343#post-49068

vacschemeapss

Valued Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hey guys- need some tips on NRF telephone interview- could someone please help on how long should my answers be, and what are they trying to test? I was rejected last time from this stage even though I thought I had a good interview- if someone could guide me, it'll be v helpful!! thanks

m2001

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 24, 2021
I applied for Clyde & Co about a week ago and still have not received a VI invite. Can anyone tell me how long theirs took to come through or should I be contacting GR at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.