TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    CMS AC 😭😭😭😭😭 NEVER have I passed a VI before, have faith everyone 😭😭😭
    Congrats!! What do you think the difference was this time round?

I haven’t heard back from CMS post VI despite applying around the same time so it’s not looking too promising!

Reactions: OB

kmax301

Esteemed Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    CC PFO last night - scored 99th percentile on WG, and thought I had a really strong app.
    maybe just not enough legal work experience? just really got my hopes up with WG score and then straight PFO - hard not to get disheartened!!
    Same here tho I had a worse wg result. I feel like sometimes it’s just so weird and you can’t find a rational explanation without knowing their Criteria. A couple of times, I passed through with applications I though I completely bottled but didn’t go through with the ones I thought were perfect

GS0W

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 15, 2021
    Congrats everyone on the CMS AC's!! i submitted my WG on the 8 Dec havent heard back since I'm hoping they will do another VI round or send a response soon so Christmas break isnt stressful 🙌😭

Reactions: em311

GeorgieW

Dec 17, 2021
    Same here tho I had a worse wg result. I feel like sometimes it’s just so weird and you can’t find a rational explanation without knowing their Criteria. A couple of times, I passed through with applications I though I completely bottled but didn’t go through with the ones I thought were perfect
    maybe one day we'll look back and it will all make sense!

Reactions: AvniD and kmax301

GeorgieW

Dec 17, 2021
    Sorry to hear this. They use the WG as a pass/fail, so how high your WG was doesn't matter to them as long as you met the benchmark for application review. Like yourself, I have no legal work experience whatsoever and my WG was (much) worse than yours and I got an AC despite this. It is really difficult to guess what they're looking for and there is probably a huge element of luck involved - which is why it's important to not be disheartened and to not give up trying.
    congrats!! exactly - just need to keep putting apps in and hope one firm spots something they like
    probably would have messed up the AC anyway, just good to keep it all in perspective

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.