TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mads_g

Star Member
Premium Member
Nov 20, 2021
Congrats everyone on the CMS AC's!! i submitted my WG on the 8 Dec havent heard back since I'm hoping they will do another VI round or send a response soon so Christmas break isnt stressful 🙌😭
Same here, I submitted my WG on the 9th and still no news! Hoping to hear something soon 🤞🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: GS0W

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
CMS AC!!! Anyone who did VI in Nov, check your emails! ✨✨

CMS AC 😭😭😭😭😭 NEVER have I passed a VI before, have faith everyone 😭😭😭

CMS AC!!!

CMS AC YAYYYYYYYY! :)
CMS AC!
VI sent Nov 19

CMS AC😱😱😱

Can someone guide me on how to prep for CMS AC?
WOW everybody- very well done! So happy for you 👏 👏 👏 Wishing you all the very best- please post here on the forum if there is anything we can help you with while you prepare for your ACs!

@vacschemeapss I've never done an AC with CMS but recently made a post on ACs more generally that I'm linking here- I hope you find it useful!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
CC PFO last night - scored 99th percentile on WG, and thought I had a really strong app.
maybe just not enough legal work experience? just really got my hopes up with WG score and then straight PFO - hard not to get disheartened!!

Same here tho I had a worse wg result. I feel like sometimes it’s just so weird and you can’t find a rational explanation without knowing their Criteria. A couple of times, I passed through with applications I though I completely bottled but didn’t go through with the ones I thought were perfect

same here! scored in the 99th percentile on CC WG, PFO yesterday. May it be because I have a PhD and they tend to discard applications from more mature candidates?
Sometimes there are objective, administrative reasons for why a firm may choose not to go forward with your application- the volume of applications, a grade or work experience here or there, a single error. Once you tune yourselves to understand that the application process can be really clinical at times, then dealing with rejections becomes easier because you start approaching the firms you apply to in a more detached, no-expectations manner and your focus shifts purely on giving your best every single time, knowing the rest is out of your control.

Y'all are doing really well and it's commendable how you're putting yourselves out there in the forum- just keep on hustling and please feel free to tag me in your posts on the forum if you have a question about the applications process. You've got this 💪

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.