TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djqb

Legendary Member
Sep 6, 2020
Hi, this might be a dumb question but what does PFO mean?
beg please GIF by Toca Boca

f GIF by Shurly

200.gif

Jooooopp7

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 25, 2019
Hogan lovells PFO, thought it was my strongest application as well. Will be gutted if I failed WG
they don't give specific feedback but if you don't know already you can email to ask for your WG score and also ask whether it was the WG or your application that let you down the most! they were able to let me know last year that it was my application that needed work :))

corinium

Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jun 27, 2021
    To anyone who has spoken to Irwin Mitchell grad rec about their video interview - when is the deadline by which it must be completed? I still haven't had any correspondence from them. Thanks

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    I applied to Willkie a day before the deadline and received an email on the 20th (Monday) saying I will get a response from the 4th of January, did anyone else get this? and is it a good sign or a bad one?
    I did not apply to Wilkie but I think that most of the GR teams are on the Christmas break, so we will hear back in the new year!

Reactions: nae_omi

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I applied to Willkie a day before the deadline and received an email on the 20th (Monday) saying I will get a response from the 4th of January, did anyone else get this? and is it a good sign or a bad one?
    I don't think it is either really - just a polite update ahead of the Christmas break.

It could easily be the case the team have had to take leave early due to Covid, and so any expectations to review apps before the Christmas break have had to be delayed until after the festive period.

AspiringTrainee

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 22, 2021
    I received a video interview invite yesterday and they said in the 'interest of everyone receiving a break over the holidays they won't be sending anything else until the 4th of January', I assume this will be the same for the initial application stage.

So I wouldn't assume anything at this stage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.