TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    It will vary firm to firm, I wouldn't expect any movement on any outstanding applications until the first week of Jan - today and tomorrow are both stat holidays, as is next Monday. Some grad rec might be working this week but I'd imagine many, likely most, are not.
    Thank you for this and was mainly talking about the law firms that are rolling and did not know tomorrow is a bank holiday also.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thank you for this and was mainly talking about the law firms that are rolling and did not know tomorrow is a bank holiday also.
    It won’t really make any difference if they are rolling or not in all honesty. Its more likely to be down to the size of the team. A team of 4-5 people, it’s likely at least one person is working to cover phones/emails. If the team is 1-2 people, they could easily just be out on annual leave (or other absence), but that could be the case for any working week - it’s just more likely given the holiday period/Covid.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Asil Ahmad and OB

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    It won’t really make any difference if they are rolling or not in all honesty. Its more likely to be down to the size of the team. A team of 4-5 people, it’s likely at least one person is working to cover phones/emails. If the team is 1-2 people, they could easily just be out on annual leave (or other absence), but that could be the case for any working week - it’s just more likely given the holiday period/Covid.
    Thank you for this did not know this.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi there, when I go to submit my application, one of my work experience moves position on the preview page so that they are no longer in chronological order. (I have double checked and even if they automate the order there is no reason for this work experience to be placed in a different position.) Is this a big deal if the order isn’t quite right (given I’m not sure how to remedy the issue)

@AvniD @Jessica Booker
    It might be that they classify some types of work experience as more important (for instance if you have had to choose a category of employment) or may choose to go by start date rather than end date (or vice versa). But even if its not any of that, I wouldn't worry about it - it is clearly something in their system.

Reactions: AvniD

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    I am... I did the WG test on 17/12 and still nothing. I saw some people who did the test after me get invited to TI so I am starting to lose hope. When did you take the test if you don't mind me asking?
    I did the test on the 20th of December around 7pm. I hope we get a response soon 🥲.

Last edited:

lawful_neutral216

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 5, 2020
    Hi all! I'm applying to Ropes & Gray and attempting to draft an answer to their application question-

What three proposals would you make to the Partnership if you were Chair of Ropes & Gray? (500 words)

I haven't come across a question like this before, any tips on how I can proceed? :) I don't want to rush it by adding generic points since the word count is also substantial.

Reactions: George Maxwell

A92167!8

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 6, 2020
    Hey is it only Clifford Chance who now provide a practice WG? Can't find Linkalaters or Hogan Lovells although seen the mentioned previously

Are the answers to the CC example WG provided? Mine has just given me a report but I can't go back to see correct answers

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    • Love
    Reactions: Asil Ahmad
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.