TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspiringlawyer123_

Legendary Member
Dec 11, 2021
in ADDLESHAWs last question about ‘anything more you would like to add to support your application’ can I leave it blank? It’s not compulsory like the others and I’m not sure what it’s asking and don’t really want to repeat myself? If I have no extenuating circumstances I’m not really sure what to put
In my opinion, It's good not to leave it blank so long as you have something worthwhile to talk about. There was a similar question in the CMS app and I used to talk about when I was assigned a difficult task at work, how I went about tackling it, and what the outcome was. Since it isn't compulsory, I probably wouldn't spend too much time on it though.
This is a good point, but also if you don’t have time to complete the question I wouldn’t worry. I have got past several application stages having left this blank :)

Reactions: M1999 and RkRk0681

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
Happy New year everyone!! any tips on Irwin Mitchell's VI? what sorts of questions to expect, if its relatively more commercial awareness based, competencies, or firm based etc. thank you!

Commerciallaw

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 30, 2021
    They're not a fun exercise at all, but if it helps I don't think anyone feels they do that great with VIs.
    Not fun at all! I received a question like what would be the worst part about being a commercial lawyer. I honestly had not prepared that....and I don't even remember what I said - which is the worst part 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.