TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donuttime

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 17, 2021
Hi, I thought I should share my experience with the Skadden vacation scheme application. I applied the night before the deadline on 19/12/2021. I received an invitation to the Skadden telephone interview in the evening of 10/01/2022 and I booked my interview for 14/01/2022. I found the interview quite challenging. I did not expect it to be as commercially focused as it was, given that it was conducted by the Graduate Recruitment Manager, not an Associate/Partner. I am wondering what the interview with the partners and associates will look like - if anyone has any experience in this please feel free to share what questions you were asked.

The questions I was asked at the TI were the following (not sure if I am missing anything)

(redacted)
I spoke for 20' minutes straight, but I could have probably kept it more concise so do not worry if your interview does not last as long. I did not receive any responses from the interviewer or hints in terms of whether my answers were what they were looking for. I was told that answers re the assessment centre will be sent by tomorrow Saturday 15/01/2022.

I hope this helps!

I see you’re trying to help but is this allowed to be shared? …

considering ppl are in the process of competing TI aswell

Last edited by a moderator:

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    This email

The deadline to apply for our upcoming vacation schemes closes this weekend.

Applications for our Spring & Summer Vacation Schemes close at midnight on Sunday 16 January 2022.

We are running three vacation schemes on the following dates:

• 8 - 19 March
    • 29 March - 8 April
    • 21 June - 1 July
    Importantly, during the Vacation Scheme, we will also assess you for a training contract.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.