TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Stark

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 23, 2021
    Just finished MC interview. Don't know what to think. The split was meant to be 35 minutes commercial and 35 minutes competency (plus it was CV blind). The partner kept pushing me on commercial awareness and queried all my answers. I had responses but that meant I had even less time for competency. He did make some positive remarks throughout but ultimately, I was asked 2 competency questions before the interview ended. Not sure what the outcome will be tbf

Kjaerlighet

• Mar 8, 2021
    Had A&O VS AC last week, mega tough. From what I know, there are finishing interviewing this week and there will be no more ACs --> anybody who has not heard yet from them, I'd assume PFO.

Anybody who have been to their AC recently, are you all still waiting to hear if its offer or not? Just curious if it is just me who has not heard back anything from them yet post-AC.

JadeWadey01

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 9, 2022
    Just wondering... to the people who have had replies from slaughter and may, when did you apply? I'm just curious if they're reviewing them on a rolling basis now as I didn't think I applied that late.

JadeWadey01

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 9, 2022
    anyone else get big post-AC anxiety ? so hard not to replay parts of the interview and keep thinking of shoulda, woulda, coulda moments
    Yeah I do. Had my first ac a week ago and it was the worst experience after as I knew what I had done wrong. Couldn't stop thinking about it until after I found out if I got on or not. Honestly I just dropped everything and tried to relax until I found out, it kinda helped. Hang out with friends, watch a movie, try to chill :)

Reactions: TCAS and SCN

elizabeth_98

Distinguished Member
    Oct 13, 2020
    Had A&O VS AC last week, mega tough. From what I know, there are finishing interviewing this week and there will be no more ACs --> anybody who has not heard yet from them, I'd assume PFO.

Anybody who have been to their AC recently, are you all still waiting to hear if its offer or not? Just curious if it is just me who has not heard back anything from them yet post-AC.
    I had my AC last week for direct tc but wasn’t told when I would hear back. Were you told?

Heya I had my AC on 14 January Friday and they said it'll take 2 weeks to let me know. Best of luck!!

Reactions: elizabeth_98
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.