Search results

  1. L

    How can X firm overcome the challenges it faces in a saturated legal market ?

    Hi TCLA! This is a bit of a toughie from an application I've been working on. Wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on this, particularly from anyone doing a TC at the moment. Think it would be a useful exercise generally, as this question seems to come up a lot in interviews. Cheers!
  2. L

    Would you recommend Christopher Stoakes books?

    Hi All, Looking to start the law conversion in September 2020, and I was wondering if you guys had read Christopher Stoakes books and would recommend them? I've seen them mentioned on here once or twice and thought I would start a thread on this. I'm considering purchasing his "Is Law For You"...
  3. L

    Ask Shearman & Sterling Anything!

    Hi Paul, Thanks for taking so much time to answer questions today. I was wondering if from the firm perspective it is preferred non-law students to have completed the GDL or the MA Law (they both qualify you for the LPC). Thanks in advance, Best, Lorenzo.
  4. L

    Do law firms have a preference re: the GDL or an MA Law ?

    Hi Daniel - Thanks for the response. So law firms don't really have a preference as there are pros and cons to both? (The MA is more difficult but the GDL is more rounded?)
  5. L

    Do law firms have a preference re: the GDL or an MA Law ?

    Hi, Posting this here as I would appreciate insight from those who know more about how law firms recruit than I do. I'm a graduate who's interested in a law conversion, and I've just got off the phone from some of the University of Law's salespeople who have told me that law firms have no...