• Hey Guest, join Reed Smith’s Rik Palmer on Wednesday 7 October, 6–7pm (UK time) to learn how to succeed at each stage of the firm’s application process. Register for the event.

Search results

  1. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    just before the deadline, Brist0l office for DTC :) not actually sure I did v well but thanks!
  2. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Just completed VI for Michelmores and received a feedback report. Unsure if I'll pass the benchmark with result of 20/36 (6/9 Grit, 6/9 Applied Intellect, 4/9 Creative Force, 4/9 Digital Mindset). Any insight (into whether this is any good or if I should prepare myself for PFO!) would be...
  3. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    just completed the michel.mores VI... not sure how that went, I was nervous. I got 6/9 twice and 4/9 twice so distinctly average psychometric test results. hopeful that the video section and my application in general will help me out here... hoping to update soon with good news. fingers crossed...
  4. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    Where I am now (first cycle of applications, 2:1 oxbridge graduate 2024, non-law) ... TL;DR current status is NOT TC Currently working on: - Foot.Anstey - Ashford.s - RWK.Good.man Applied and waiting for first reply from: - Charles.Russell.Speechlys - V.W.V. (completed automatic video...
  5. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    Perhaps I spoke too soon! Only 20 minutes after I posted this, MMs emailed to let me know I'm through to the next stage! Feeling excited and hopeful though can't count any proverbial chickens yet.
  6. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    Still no real news. C.R.S. are taking their sweet time getting back to me but I'm still hopeful because I think my application was quite strong... anyway, I have earned a little break now as next applications aren't due till mid-end of March! Currently trying to get over a rotten cold so not...
  7. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    ok, that sounds hopeful - thank you so much for your time!
  8. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    TLDR - personal schedule clash with AC dates for one of my fav firms, how to proceed? Worrying slightly prematurely about an application and wondering if anyone ( @Jessica Booker ?) might be able to help. It is for HCR, which is one of my top choice firms, direct TC. The ACs are held on...
  9. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    I (British citizen) have an American partner so I feel your struggle as keeping him here has been a nightmare! Part of the reason I started looking into this career in the first place is because I was doing enough of the legal research with none of the reward, haha. and i'm too broke to sponsor...
  10. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    yeah I think I'm just on edge because they're my top choice:( and it seems they're taking a lot longer this year than they did last year. but you're right, I probably need to put it to the back of my mind! It's just tough cos the spring assessment day is coming up and it's hard not knowing! good...
  11. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    haha yeah, I got that email too, I'm just v keen as they're my top firm and I applied for a spring assessment day so it's coming up soon and I'll need to book off work in advance. thank you for your reply - fingers crossed for you:)
  12. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    I AM ONCE AGAIN asking if anyone has heard from CRS for direct TC post first-round online application... xoxo
  13. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    try to keep your head up. I know it's not great news - but some firms are still open for applications this round! though I appreciate if you had your heart set on specific firms / MC that it's not as simple as that.
  14. Y

    TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

    Anyone heard from CRS for direct TC (preferably Chelt office) ?? I just got that holding email on Friday and nothing since...
  15. Y

    TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

    not the person youre replying to but I applied for TC at the CRS Cheltenham office and got an email on Friday at 3pm saying: "We are working through our applications as fast as we can and are still finalising our decisions. As we are a small team and do not recruit on a rolling basis, we are...
  16. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    At the moment I'm trying to improve my commercial awareness by researching articles that interest me as they crop up in current affairs. I fear that could be my downfall, lol. My sister has just been told she can extend her contract with a Magic Circle firm for a paid internship in Berlin, so...
  17. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    V.W.V. app sent off - didn't realise it automatically sent VI links to everyone upon uploading the application... #JumpScare !!! any tips on the VI would be much appreciated! I have one week to complete...
  18. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    I didn't really consider it that way but think you're right. At least I could write on whatever I wanted, which was a good opportunity to talk about something I care about. Thanks a lot for your reply!
  19. Y

    TC or not TC... that is the question

    Struggling with the V.W,V, TC application - due today. I'll get it in but I think their question is worded oddly: "Imagine you are advising a client in one of our sectors who is facing a major commercial challenge. Identify a recent business or current affairs issue which may impact them and...